GRILL GRATES

Started by Jim O, May 16, 2016, 11:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim O

Anyone ever used "Grill Grates" on their gasser ?
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Aschenbrenner

I have grill grates on two Webers and I love them.  I broke one in with Pam and not nearly as good a break in as the other one that I broke in with coconut oil. 

I now use coconut oil on both and I couldn't be happier. More heat, great grill marks, great grilling, no flare-ups, easy cleaning.

In both cases I completely removed the existing grills, rather than place them on top!

So far I've grilled beef tenderloin filets, New York & ribeye steaks, Pork steaks and chops, Pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, salmon, sausages and vegetables, ie peppers etc.  Coupled with a Thermapen thermometer, I've had no failures!  :)
Calgary

Cookshack PG1000 pellet smoker :)
Bradley DBS
Weber Genesis

TMB

I have three sets, one for my gas grill, one for my Ele-Big Easy and one for my pellet grill (home built)

Would NOT cook without them.     Once you use them you will understand!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Jim O

Anyone know if they're available in Canada ?
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling

sdcaller

Have you checked with T/A appliances in Barrie?

SDC
Olde Tyme Square Dance for Fun

HCAO

Looks cool.  I'll give these a try.  I have an old grill that needed new grates anyway, so this is perfect.

TMB

Quote from: HCAO on February 27, 2017, 09:53:46 AM
Looks cool.  I'll give these a try.  I have an old grill that needed new grates anyway, so this is perfect.
You will not be disappointed  have those :D

HCAO

How easy are they to clean after each use?  What tool is best for cleaning?

Jim O

I usually just scrape the grates with the lifter that is used for the grates. Ocassionally I will rub them with a brillo type pad, but I don't use any type of cleaner as it may remove the seasoning.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling

HCAO

So i bought a set of these to replace my rusty old cast iron grates.  I also got new burners for the grill while I was at it.  It now works better than new at a fraction of the cost to replace the grill itself!  Thanks for the recommendation.  I've never seen these before. 

So far I've made burgers, skewers, and short ribs on it.  Can't wait to try chicken thighs and ribeyes.  It is really true that you now cook with much less fuel.  I used to leave it on high all the time, but now cook on low or medium.

TMB

Quote from: HCAO on June 04, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
So i bought a set of these to replace my rusty old cast iron grates.  I also got new burners for the grill while I was at it.  It now works better than new at a fraction of the cost to replace the grill itself!  Thanks for the recommendation.  I've never seen these before. 

So far I've made burgers, skewers, and short ribs on it.  Can't wait to try chicken thighs and ribeyes.  It is really true that you now cook with much less fuel.  I used to leave it on high all the time, but now cook on low or medium.
Glad they worked for you..  I have 3 sets and can't grill without them  ;)