Hab... your recipe

Started by Oldman, August 12, 2006, 07:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Hab look this over and see if I left out anything.
Canadian Bacon Dry Cure

Thanks for laying it out as you did. Without those extra codes to remove this only took me 30 minutes~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Great. I will take a look at it later. Right now I'm heading out for a family function, and my assignment was to bring the pulled pork.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Looks great! As ususal you did a good job.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

asa

Olds -
I couldn't help but peek. Suggestion 1: looks like "The dark brown sugar gives it a nice distinctive flavor, but you can replacement it with light brown sugar, or regular sugar or use maple granules" should read "The dark brown sugar gives it a nice distinctive flavor, but you can replace it with light brown sugar, or regular sugar or use maple granules."

and #2: should the twine be left on for the entire smoking/cooking process or removed before smoking?

Thanks for doing this. I will definitely give it a try.

Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Habanero Smoker

Nice catch.

As with any meat that is tied, the string needs to be left on throughout the cooking process, and removed after it has been fully cooked. Since I'm talking about tying, one thing I should have mentioned is what type of knot to use. A surgeons knot is the best to use, because when you pull it taunt the string will stay in place while you finish the knot. With a simple knot, the string will tend to loosen when you attempt to finish off the knot.

A simple knot you go over and under once, pull the string taunt, and then tie the knot. A surgeon's knot is basically the same, but you go over and under three times before pulling the string taunt and finishing off the knot.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

asa

Thanks Hab. For completeness and clarity, you might want to add that to the recipe, unless you think that most people wouldn't be a dense as I am.  :-\
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!