Drop catcher

Started by twl, July 10, 2016, 09:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twl

Hi all, Sometimes, especially in cold weather, I get a drip from the exhaust port at the top. It falls on the product and leaves an unsightly stain. It tastes badly as well. It doesn't seem to matter whether the port is just cracked open of fully open. I made a small 6" dia. tray from coat hanger and Al foil to catch the drip. The tray hangs about 1-1/2" below the opening and has eliminated the problem for me, but I was wondering whether you guys have the problem as well and if so what do you do?
twl, Bayview, Idaho, USA

Toker

If you take the time to look here, you will see that you are not the only one facing this situation.  ;) http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=37053.0

Habanero Smoker

When smoking in cold weather, I always have that problem. It is from condensation forming when the moist hot air escaping from the Bradley comes into contact with the colder air. The water vapor condenses around the vent opening, and drips back down into the cabinet.

When I have room left in the cabinet I will place a empty rack on the top tray, and something absorbent, such as cheese cloth, coffee filter, or folded paper towel on the rack directly beneath the vent. Sometimes I will use a small disposable 5" pie pan.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gafala

I use cheese cloth on the upper rack in the winter I have a big box of cheese cloth I got from U-line,
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.