car54 where are you?

Started by car54, September 10, 2016, 10:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

Here I am. I have not posted in a while. I have been very busy at work and home. Partly because my grandson moved in with us about 5 years ago. I am off of work because of carpal tunnel surgery and I am going through my internet  links. I joined the forum over 12 year ago and have learned much because of the forum. I would imagine there are many new members. I only smoke about 1/2 dozen times a year. My grandson keeps me busy. He just turned 21 and is in college for engineering. This summer he bought a 1988 fiero which has about 140 HP. I helped swap a Pontiac 3.8 supercharged engine which has 260 HP. That is education that a college cant give you.

I hope this forum is as helpful and friendly as it was been I was active. Many people would send members care packages when they were in need.

Hi to all the old timers and newer members. God bless you!
car54

Pistol Pete

So are you Toody or Muldoon?   I'll bet not a lot of forum members can relate.

Edward176

LOL, maybe a few of us can relate and remember :)

Habanero Smoker

Hi Car54;

Glad to see you posting again.

Also glad to see your grandson is developing into a fine young man.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tskeeter

Sounds like you've spent some quality Gramps time with your Grandson.  He'll remember that experience all his life.  And, an engineer with a little grease or dirt under their nails beats the heck out of an engineer who only has book learning.

car54

This summer he was able to visit some manufactures. One of the owners gave him a tour and when he shook my grandson hand the owner commented on his "dirty hands" and he was impressed with that. Ya, I am proud of him. most people do not know what he has gone thru in life. I would say that he is the mission that god gave me.

Car54

Habanero Smoker

I do recall some of the challenges he has gone through, and how much you and your wife supported him. You done a great job.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/