Wiring

Started by jhbaileyjr, November 27, 2016, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhbaileyjr

The second time I used my OBS I couldn't get it to heat.  I ordered a replacement heating element and while preparing to remove the d one I saw that the wire connector to the element was dangling loose. I removed the back panel of the smoker and could see that the insulation was scorched where the wire enters the smoker.  The smoker has never been exposed to rain or any other moisture.  What I need to know is where do I get a replacement connecting wire?  It appears to be a simple repair if I can only get a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Stop by a mom and pop small appliance repair shop and see if they will sell you a couple of ft.  You'll need 14-16ga high temp wire.  You'll also need a non-insulated ring terminal to match that size wire and terminal on the element.  Just strip the plastic off an insulated one if you cannot find any of the other type.

jhbaileyjr

Quote from: TedEbear on November 27, 2016, 04:48:03 PM
Stop by a mom and pop small appliance repair shop and see if they will sell you a couple of ft.  You'll need 14-16ga high temp wire.  You'll also need a non-insulated ring terminal to match that size wire and terminal on the element.  Just strip the plastic off an insulated one if you cannot find any of the other type.
Thank you so much. I'll give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk