Quality Assurance Information

Started by Unclegunk, December 26, 2016, 07:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unclegunk

Bradley Personnel,
I received EBS yesterday for Christmas.  I had been looking at the reviews and hearing the testimonies of some friends on how good the Bradley line of smokers are, so I asked my wife to get me one.  I unboxed my smoker and read the manual on how to season the smoker.  When I plugged in the power nothing happened.  I tried other outlets, and made sure my connections on the back of the electronic unit were correct, still nothing.  I got on my phone and some forums said to check the fuse, so I started disassembling my brand new smoker.  When I opened up the side, to my surprise the connector for the digital display was staring at me.  It was not even connected.  I connected the digital display and plugged in the power and everything started working.  I am currently seasoning my smoker, but I wanted to take the time to let you know what I found for quality purposes.  If you need more information like my model and S/N, feel free to contact me.

Shawn 

RedJada

Great first post Unclegunk. I have an OBS that I bought about 5 years ago. It was a display model. Still going strong today. Bradley does have exceptional customer service and they do monitor this site. You took things into your own hands and now your warranty is gone.

Sorry guys, getting tired of these one poster people coming here to bash our smokers...

TedEbear

I believe I've read from moderators on here that if you open it up it will NOT void the warranty.  Besides, if it is now working, there's no need for any warranty claim.  ;)

KyNola

Your warranty is not voided.  Glad you found the problem and was able to resolve it.