My Tankless Hot Water Heater

Started by Oldman, August 12, 2006, 05:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyr

I had the Rinnai Continuum water heater in my old house in Anchorage.  We had it for 3 years before we moved.  All i can say is it rocked!!  We had no problems running the dishwasher, washing machine, and shower at the same time.  You can get digital controllers so that you can vary the water temp from 90 to 140.  They can be vented through the roof or the wall.  We had the inside unit.  I wish that i had it in my new house in Palmer but my builder would not install it.  :-[ Someday when i save up the cash i want to replace my water heater with another one.

iceman

Quote from: Kummok on August 21, 2006, 10:25:56 AM
Hmmmmm, a gas fired appliance in a closet where clothing can be piled up against it.......the 35 year + firefighter in me has thoughts of job security with this arrangement?!?!? :o  Haven't seen the install instructions yet or UL listing, (still waiting for Alaska Propane to call me for pickup), but that install just doesn't seem right.......
I think Kummok is thinking along the right lines on this one. I'd be inclined to keep it in it's own enclosure with a 2 hour fire wall. Old's had the outdoor option which wouldn't work up here in Alaska. Dang it Old's you got warm weather and tomatoes and fresh veggies all year round. That's it!!! I'm going to start the snow birding thing this winter. :D ;D

iceman

Vampyr;
Give me a call this weekend if your around. I should be home by Wednesday and through the weekend. We can toss a cold one down and you can pick up a jar of Sop'n Sauce to try out. I was just in Palmer Friday. This rain thing can stop any time now. Geez, even the geese in the park were complaining. :D

Vampyr

Hahahaha  You know it Iceman.  We got out of work early today cuz the sun was shining so i had to mow the lawn while i could.  I would be happy to meet up with you this weekend.  I'll give you a hollar at the end of the week and we will figure out a time.