Cheap Functional Cooking Racks

Started by BBQ Tom, July 24, 2018, 12:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBQ Tom

I'm new to the site so forgive me if I'm repeating something everyone already knows.These pans and roasting grates come from the world famous "Dollar Tree" that means EVERYTHING is a dollar! The pans were $1 each and the grates were (2) for a $1. They fit the Bradley tray racks perfectly. They measure 9"×13" I wouldn't put large cuts of meat on them, like over 3-4 lbs, but anything else is game on. Easy clean up is where it's at guys, in my book anyway![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Habanero Smoker

Nice idea - but! I'm not sure how well the pans match the Bradley racks, but if you don't get enough circulation; it not only impedes the flow of smoke, but also the heat. That may cause heat build up, that may lead to a fire. That is why Bradley states not to use foil on the racks.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BBQ Tom

Thanks so much for the info, I did notice it got a little over 275, where as all my cooks before were around 250. Thanks again I'll deal with cleaning racks I guess. Just a question, the Q-Mats sold by A-MAZE-N, do you think they would cause problems with drippings blocking the mesh? If so I would think that would block "flow" also.

Habanero Smoker

Q-Mats would work great, and they do save some clean up. I've been using a brand called Frogmats for years. I've never had a problem with dripping blocking the mesh. If there is any blockage, it is no more than an 1/2" further from where the meat comes into contact with the surface.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BBQ Tom

Thanks a lot, that will be the next thing I'll get, you have certainly been a big help, thanks again. I have a problem with being a little OCD with my cookers being low maintenance on clean up, on my other cookers I try to foil all I can.

TMB

I have Frogmats and Q-Mats love them!  I never have any issues of the screen clogging up even when using a HIGH sugar rub.    To clean I put then in a 5 gal bucket to soak with a little soap then into the dishwasher.  Nothing could be easier and they work great for smoking cheese, peppers and nuts 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Roget

YCDBSOYA

BBQ Tom

Thanks a lot, gonna order some, looked at some on Amazon last night. Thanks again!