smoked then fried wings... kinda

Started by VA soundguy, October 28, 2018, 12:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA soundguy

I love using my smoker for smoked wings. I also enjoy smoked then fried wings at bbq joints. I was recently given an air fryer and was wondering if anyone has attempted to recreate this in an air fryer. All wing recipes I find for air fryer are for uncooked wings.
Thanks in advance

Habanero Smoker

I haven't tried this, but I have used various dual cooking methods, by starting with the Bradley. I use the Bradley to apply smoke them move the food to another cooking devise such as a grill, oven, or stove top etc. I don't see why you can't finish with an air fryer.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TMB

Quote from: VA  soundguy on October 28, 2018, 12:31:40 PM
I love using my smoker for smoked wings. I also enjoy smoked then fried wings at bbq joints. I was recently given an air fryer and was wondering if anyone has attempted to recreate this in an air fryer. All wing recipes I find for air fryer are for uncooked wings.
Thanks in advance
It should be just fine.  Cook the wing till there are to temp them toss in air fryer for 6 to 7 mins and check about half way to see where they are as for crisp skin.  Some fryers cook fast some slow

Also, it helps if you have a small rack cut to fit the basket to get the wings off the bottom so they cook/crisp more even.   I got a chrome cooking/cooling rack at Bed Bath and Beond cut the sides and it fit perfect so all my food noe sits off the bottom of the basket by 1/2 in   plenty of air going around it
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

boxerjake

I've cold smoked wings the day prior to deep frying .. results are pretty decent

Most of my cold smoking is pork chops about 1" or more thick , but I've done the wings this way 1/2 dozen times , never any left overs.