Double Stuff Smoked Chex Mix

Started by Saber 4, September 30, 2013, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cherrybergher

I apologize in advance if I didn't see it, but for the chex mix.  Can the entire cooking process be done in the bradley, or is the "house oven" crucial to a successful product?  I did see that a user posted that question but I didn't notice a response, thanks
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

Saber 4

Sorry for the delayed response, I haven't had a chance to be on the forum much with work. I always found the oven was more necessary than the Bradley heat element, you can cold smoke it and it turns out very good. I found instructions from Chex to use the microwave and it seems to work just as well. Microwave on high for 6 minutes stirring every 2 minutes and reduce the butter to 10 oz for the microwave version. Then smoke however you chose hot or cold.

cherrybergher

BDS 4 Rack

Roget

I have smoked mine with heat, but now I always cold smoke it.

Makes for less switching the racks around.
YCDBSOYA

Rugaroo

For those of you that have made this...how many boxes of chex and cheerios would I need to buy if I wanted to make a triple batch?

Apologies in advance for the math story problems.

cherrybergher

hmm.... I'm no good at math but I suppose it would depend on the size of the box, I have the recipe for a three rack batch broken down into cups if you would like that
BDS 4 Rack

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Rugaroo on October 02, 2016, 03:36:58 PM
For those of you that have made this...how many boxes of chex and cheerios would I need to buy if I wanted to make a triple batch?

Apologies in advance for the math story problems.

To findout how many cups there are in a box of cereal; it involves more math. If you look at the nutritional information on the cereal box it will give the serving size, and the number of servings. For example; a box may state:
     Serving Size  1 Cup
     Servings per Container about 9
That box will contain about 9 cups of cereal.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

WoodlawnSmoker

Hi everyone!  It's been awhile since I last posted but I have been smoking regularly with the Bradley this whole time, still love everything that comes out of it.

With Christmas coming I pulled out an old favourite recipe and did a batch of party mix.  Not quite the same as the original recipe but this stuff is a great hit during the holiday season.  I no longer have photobucket so I don't know how to attach a photo at this site any more.
Don