Recipe Discussions > Rubs and Sauces

Tabasco Sauce Replacement

(1/3) > >>

jiggerjams:
Hi all!!!,

Anyone have a good recommendation for a drop in replacement for Tabasco sauce? 

I really like the sauce but man it gets expensive when you do a mess of Blazin Pistachios.

Thanks in advance.

Jiggerjams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orion:
I used to make my own hot sauces anc they were quite good. Now I grown a bunch of Habanero pepper pods and dry and smoke them. Then I grind them into a fine powder.  I find this blend is extremely hot and can be used in any dish imaginable. It’s simple to make, simple to store , inexpensive and so versatile. You can  add it to sauces , soups ,  pasta, stew, casseroles, eggs, spreads , dips , seasonings you name it. It brings a nice fruity heat without the vinigary edge.

It’s the only product in my pantry for heat now and covers all my needs at a fraction of the cost of various sauces.

Habanero Smoker:
I was going to suggest buying it by the gallon, but I see you live in Canada, and the shipping would not be worth the cost. Making your own Green Jalapeno Sauce, may be the least expensive way to go.

The link below should give you a sauce similar to what you are using for Blazin Pistachios.
Green Jalapeno Sauce

jiggerjams:

--- Quote from: Orion on January 22, 2019, 10:16:48 pm ---I used to make my own hot sauces anc they were quite good. Now I grown a bunch of Habanero pepper pods and dry and smoke them. Then I grind them into a fine powder.  I find this blend is extremely hot and can be used in any dish imaginable. It’s simple to make, simple to store , inexpensive and so versatile. You can  add it to sauces , soups ,  pasta, stew, casseroles, eggs, spreads , dips , seasonings you name it. It brings a nice fruity heat without the vinigary edge.

It’s the only product in my pantry for heat now and covers all my needs at a fraction of the cost of various sauces.

--- End quote ---

jiggerjams:
Thanks Orion. That is great information and I will giver a go!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version