Looking for lower face plate for my BTIS1

Started by Trisheey1127, December 24, 2019, 01:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisheey1127

Does anyone have replacement parts they are willing to get rid of? My dad has a smoker and the control switch broke and we we found out that the circuit board isn't working and it won't heat up.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Trisheey1127;

Welcome to the forum.

As you probably already learned replacement parts for this model are almost impossible to find. If you can't find replacement parts, you may want to look into a third party temperature controller. They can range in prices from the less expensive Inkbird ITC-308 which can control your smoker up to 248°F (which is all that you need) or go to the higher end Auber Instruments which gives you more options and tighter temperature control.

These type of controllers let you bypass the smoker's controller.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dubob

I have used the Auber PID Controller for about 10 years now.  I wouldn't have a Bradley smoker without it.  It controls the cooking temps +/- 1 degree and I can program up to 6 steps in any smoking recipe.  I use 3 for smoking fish at 3 temps and different times for each temp.  Excellent results every cook.
8)
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

philwill

Hi there, had the same problem with my original Bradley.  I ended up replacing the sliding potentiometer on the circuit board attached to the bottom plate.  The toughest part was to find the equivalent component, which was a Delta B110k ohms (from china).  I ended up selecting a Bourns (stock at Mouser Electronics) model PTA4543-2210CIB104.  It fitted  perfectly in the holes on the circuit board.. Took 5 minutes to weld.  Works perfectly.  I had to do an epoxy repair on the cracked front bottom panel, took 10 minutes.

Smoked salmon and Ribs taste terrific.

Good luck.

Edward176

Welcome to the forum philwill, and thank you for the info.