Pulled Pork Enchiladas

Started by begolf25, August 29, 2006, 07:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Fellas,

I have some leftover pork from this weekend and I want to try something new with the leftovers. I saw a recipe for pulled pork enchiladas on the smoke ring.  Their server crashed and I cannot get back on to get the recipe.  I am sure I can use a basic recipe and just substitute the pork but I was wondering if any of you have tried this before and have any recipe secrets?

Thanks

icerat4

Hey begolf25 ive done these up .I have a whole bunch of mexicans working for me.Sometimes i think i am at a mexican restraunt here everyday.I share all my smoked food with these guys and they do crazy things with the stuff.But your ok with the basic recipe.Were doing pulled pork tacos today ;D.YUMMY.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

MWS

I posted a burrito recipe on the recipe site that may interest you. I do these when I have leftovers or want to try something different.

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

begolf25

MWS, Thank you for the recipe suggestion.

I hunted around a little more yesterday and found a recipe, I think it was on the Big Green Egg site.  This recipe was outstanding.  This was a great way to use some leftover pulled pork.  I will be making these again!

Ingredients:
2 cups onion - chopped (I also used two jalapenos from my garden to add a little kick)
½ cup of butter or margarine
4 cups of pulled pork - finely shredded
2 * 10 oz. cans of Old El Paso Enchilada Red Sauce (Mild or Hot) 
2 cups of sour cream
4 cups cheese - shredded (I used the Kraft Mexican blend)
1 * 4.5 oz. can of green chilies
1 can of pimentos - diced (I didn't add these, wife is not big on them)
10 tortillas 

Cooking Directions:
1. Sauté the onion (and jalapenos if you added them) in butter until tender, and lower the heat.
2. Stir in 1 1/2 cans of enchilada sauce, and 2 cups of the shredded cheese until melted.
3. Add in the pulled pork, green chilies, and pimento, and mix well.

Assembly Instructions:
1. Take the remaining enchilada sauce and mix with the 2 cups of sour cream.
2. Pour a portion of the sour cream/sauce mixture into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish, and spread evenly.
3. Fill each tortilla with equal portions of the pork mixture, and roll up.
4. Arrange in the baking dish, and spoon remaining sour cream sauce over the enchiladas.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake in a pre-heated 350'F. oven 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
(Serve with additional sour cream if desired)

ENJOY!

icerat4

Thanks bryan.Ill suprise my guys at my shop with this one. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

iceman

Sounds very easy and GOOD Bryan. That'll be dinner during the week for sure. Thanks for the post.

IKnowWood

Bryan, are these Tortilla's the Corn version or soft taco size?

The Enchilada is normally made from a Corn tortilla, rolled or layered flat in a Cassorole. 

the recipe sounds similar to what we do with shreaded Chicken.  But thinking about it, with a corn tortilla, its like a Tamale Enchilada. 

Either way it sounds good.  i may make a version with my wife's New Mexico Red Chilie Sauce, New Mexico Hatch roasted green chillies and Pulled Pork. in the Cassorole version.  I like the Cassorole as its easier serving size and saving for next time.

Mmm, mmm, sounds real Good...
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

begolf25

I just used the soft taco tortillas.  Next time I will try the corn tortilla type.

What I really like about this recipe was the sour cream and enchilada sauce mix that you put over the top of the tortillas before cooking.  My wife and I had the leftovers of these a few times this week for dinner and they were just as good warmed up in the microwave.