Circulation fan

Started by pfowl01, August 07, 2006, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfowl01

Hello all,

I was considering putting in a circulation fan like the one on Old's site (I know it's everyone's site) and was wondering how many of you out there have installed one? Is it a neccesity or just a luxury?

Oldman

No it is not necessity. No it is not  just a luxury.

Take digital probe and measure the temperature between the top of the V pan and the top of your box. You will find that it varies 10 + degrees.  With the fan that drops down to at or less then 2 degrees.

The only person who add on it and it did not help was a member who had added another heating element.  That fan only moves 35 CFM and with the extra heat it does not moving enough air to balance out the box. In a stock box it works just fine.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

DTom

pfo...,
Was lurking here this evening after many months away looking for recipes and saw your post.  I've installed one one a homemade smoker.  Been using it for some time now and I think it gives more uniform heat/smoke in the box.  This fan is from a convection oven.  Have it controlled of a regular Lowe's rheostat.  Can't say it's required, just nice to have.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=1539.0

iceman

pfowl01

I agree with Iceman....Sweet ;)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Very nice setup.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Oldman

Looks like chit to me. Anyone who can afford that should be banned from the boards.....

Just Kidding of course... nice set up... *Olds wipes drool from his mouth....*  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

TomG

DTom,  I'll bet a dollar to a dime that you have a pair of Duets in your laundry room. :D  Very nice job on the smoker.

DTom

Quote from: TomG on August 21, 2006, 07:21:15 PM
DTom,  I'll bet a dollar to a dime that you have a pair of Duets in your laundry room. :D  Very nice job on the smoker.

TomG...LOL...You got me pegged!!!  We sure do.  Have a whole kitchen full of Kitchenaid also.

TomG

DTom,  Last year  we also remodeled our kitchen and thanks to a very generous Whirlpool Employees Purchase Program filled it with high end Kitchenaids. We're very happy with both the cost and the quality.

Cheers :)