Cover completely disintegrated in about 3 years

Started by waynerto, December 02, 2023, 02:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waynerto

I got my Bradley Smoker in the summer of 2020.  A little while later I got the cover for it.  About a year ago the cover started to get holes in it.  It is now in a shape where it rips pretty much anywhere you touch the cover.

Anyone else have a similar experience?  I bought a replacement on Amazon, but these covers should last more than 3-4 years, should they not?

Habanero Smoker

I've had the same problem with the Bradley covers. I had purchase two over the years for my Original model, and had the same experience. They easily get damaged by UV light from the sun, and become stiff and brittle. I don't know if they have made any improvements in the material they use now.

I highly recommend the cover listed below. It holds up to UV light, remains flexible, and I've had it for six years and it still looks new. The only problem I have had with it is a squirrel chewing on the top corner. Though the cover was made for the digital, it fits the Original model perfectly.

iCOVER Smoker Cover- Bradley Digital 4 Rack 600D Smoker Cover

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

waynerto

Thanks, I emailed Bradley and they said that they changed the material a couple of years ago.  I guess time will tell if it makes a difference, or not.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)