BTDS76P - Heat Element

Started by m4ayhem, November 11, 2020, 11:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4ayhem

Hi All,

Couple years ago I have imported a BTDS76P from USA.
In USA the voltage is 110-120V (and I am using transformator to change the voltage), however in Europe it is 220-230V.

My question is.. do I have import to buy a heat bar 110V or I can buy locally in Europe 230V?

Or maybe do you know anyone in Europe who can supply me 110V heat bar?

I hope above is clear enough, as I am not an English native speaker  ;D

Regards,
Piotr

Habanero Smoker

If you don't get an answer, you may want to contact Bradley distributor Grakka in the UK, or Bradley customer service. 

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

m4ayhem

I will do so  :)

Thanks.

m4ayhem

Unfortunately I'll need to import it from north America  :'(
I am sad, as it is generating huge cost nowadays and I am stucked with smoking.

Here's official reply of Bradley Canada :

QuoteHello Piotr

No a 220V heat element will not work in that smoker. You will need to get a 120V element.

120Volt elements are only available in North America

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can receive it soon so you can get up and running again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

m4ayhem

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 12, 2020, 01:22:05 PM
Sorry to hear that. I hope you can receive it soon so you can get up and running again.

You know what's worst..?
I just got another reply...

QuoteHello Piotr

The heating element would be $29.99 but shipping would be over $100.00 + customs fees.
We are unable to ship to Poland and our certification on 120V parts is only good in North America.

That's sucks. Really sucks.

Now it seems that I bought original brand new Bradley Smoker and I can be unable to repair it, even with help of official service.

This sounds ridiculous.
I bought my smoker at the time, where there was no distribution point for Europe( or it was but really poor recognizable) and now I am all alone with the problem..

m4ayhem

Is there anyone on the forum, who could order a heat bar (120V) for me and ship it to Poland?
I don't believe shipping cost of 40x10x10cm would cost 100 USD to Poland.

If there's anyone who could help me out, please let me know. I'll do my best to pay back.

Many thanks
Piotr

Habanero Smoker

You best bet would be to do a search of U.S and/or Canadian retailers that carry that part and ship internationally. They would probably be the ones that could offer you the best shipping rate. You may want to order two, just in case, and I doubt if ordering the second one would change the shipping rate.

I did a quick search and found a company that states they ship internationally.

Meat Processing Products - Bradley Heating Element

I have purchased from them a few times and never had a problem with them. You may want to call or email them first:

Contact Information:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 877-231-8589

I
         don't
                   inhale.

m4ayhem

Habanero, you're like Angel on this forum!  ;D

Many, many thanks!
I will write an email immediately.

Habanero Smoker