Previous topic - Next topic

Copper Creek

What are some good smokin books available on the market???[:D][:D]

Steve
Copper Creek

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."

nsxbill

Copper Creek

Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison is the first purchase I made.   Sublime Smoke also good....my second purchase.  I got both of them at //www.jessicasbiscuit.com   You might also look at Half.com, Ebay, and amazon books.  

Bill M
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Smokin Joe

I agree, Smoke and Spice is a good start.  It has some really great recipes, especially for rubs and marinades.

Smokin' Joe Johnson
Caroline's Rub - Fine Spice Creations
//www.carolinesrub.com
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

BigRed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Copper Creek</i>
<br />What are some good smokin books available on the market???[:D][:D]

Steve
Copper Creek

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I can tell you the worst smokin book is the one that came with the BSmoker! You would think Bradley would see a niche market here to support their product!

BigRedRon

BigRED

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigRed</i>
<br />I can tell you the worst smokin book is the one that came with the BSmoker! You would think Bradley would see a niche market here to support their product!

BigRedRon

BigRED
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ron, smokin' with the Bradley is really no different than any other smoker, each with their own little twists. Bradley is a manufacturer, not a publisher, let them do what they do best.

And no, the Bradley book is the 2nd worst available, but then again, it is free. Check out the 'Home Book of SMOKE COOKING Meat, Fish & Game' sometime. According to them, you don't need wood, corncobs wurk jeest fine![;)][:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

curttate

I suggest:  Home Book of Smoke-Cooking Meat, Fish and Game
by Jack Sleight, Raymond Hull at amazon.com.  I have owned a copy of this book since the 1970s  I think you will find it very informative and its explanation of all topics quite clear and thorough [:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Copper Creek</i>
<br />What are some good smokin books available on the market???[:D][:D]

Steve
Copper Creek

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[:)]