Cleaning

Started by deputy374, March 25, 2021, 06:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deputy374

What do you all use to clean the inside of your smokers?  And certain techniques?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

KyNola

The racks, V tray and bowl can be washed any way you choose.  The interior walls should not be washed.  If you see some flaking, simply brush it off.  You can use something as simple as crumpled aluminum foil.  Wipe down the door gasket and the surface where the door contacts the tower with alcohol to remove smoke residue to prevent the gasket from sticking.

zueth

Quote from: KyNola on March 25, 2021, 07:25:11 AM
The racks, V tray and bowl can be washed any way you choose.  The interior walls should not be washed.  If you see some flaking, simply brush it off.  You can use something as simple as crumpled aluminum foil.  Wipe down the door gasket and the surface where the door contacts the tower with alcohol to remove smoke residue to prevent the gasket from sticking.
Yeah that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Edward176

I've been washing my V-Tray and racks in the dishwasher, after a soak and light scrub to remove burnt on grease/food. I've been spraying them with PAM and haven't had any build up so cleaning is fast and easy. As for the interior, just like KyNola stated, I clean my door seals and tower area, where seals contact, with alcohol after every smoke. Once in a while I'll clean the door seal and tower exterior with a sponge of soapy warm water. That's it.... Once a year I'll scrape any flakey or heavily built up areas with a wire brush and/or putty knife, to remove and flakes or built up debris.