Newbie with questions

Started by Mrcbro, May 04, 2021, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrcbro

Hi everyone, i am here in southern Ontario and been using an analog BS611 for about 7 yrs. and know i'm a newbie. I've done ribs, chicken and a turkey breast that came out almost perfect. I have a brisket ready to go in and just got a new digital smoker box. The cabinet is older than the serial#, of 1811 for the newer temp sensor and have to use the older style, the smoker box is brand new, so wouldn't i install the newer sensor? I am looking for someone who i can talk to, that is knowledgable on the bradley that i can call and talk in person bc this typing back and forth is a p.i.a.. so if some will pm me a number to call it be appreciated.

Mrcbro

I also have the Aubers 1200 pid control box and just using it as a meat probe and case temp probe.
Would there be any better directions for the Aubers than the set you get with it, i just find it too technical to follow ( i need pictures, i guess 😖 and step by step 🥴),. What is the sensor on the back wall, is it a high temp breaker? Can i use the cabinet temp probe with the new digital smoker box since i have that installed, just have to wire it in?

Mrcbro

I see a lot of people checked out my post, thank you. I found on you tube videos by Ed Pitts who shows step by step instructions on how to program and save programs into the Aubers 1200 GPH PIDcontroller.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Ed Pitts;

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you found the video on how to setup your PID. Sorry I can't be of assistance. I'm not sure if you can just swap out the sensors.

Once you understand how to program the PID, if you still have your old Bradley you can use that to smoke/roast your brisket.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mrcbro

Thank you Hab, i did a test run today for a 2-3 hr smoke with bricks and it worked perfect. Not sure why i was intimidated with instructions until seeing Ed Pitts videos.pretty straight forward. I've got some ribs and other choice cuts waiting in line for the smoker. Again thank you and smoke on, if thats ok to say😜😜

Mrcbro

I am putting an 8lb. Brisket in tomorrow morning at 225~ till 170~IT then wrap in bp the to 205~ IT then wrap in a blanket and into a cooler for an hour. Wish me luck😀🙃😀

Habanero Smoker

The phrase "smoke on" is more than appropriate to say. :)

Good luck with your brisket. Before I wrap, I generally do not go by the IT anymore. Whether it is briskets, ribs, or pork butts, I test to see if the bark is set.

A way to check if the bark has set is to scratch it with a fingernail. If it still adheres to the meat when you scratch it, it's time to wrap. If it comes off easily and leaves a bare spot behind, it needs to cook longer before wrapping. With those of us without fingernails, rub you finger across the surface. If it smears, and comes away from the meat it has not set. So if you test when the bark sets you may be able to wrap before it reaches 170°F, and wrapping it before it reaches the stall will shorten your cook time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Mrcbro

Thank you again, it's been on now for 7hrs and IT is at 154. I will test the bark and if its good then wrap and back in to 195

Mrcbro

oh my god is that ever the best beef i've had in awhile. The brisket turned out to be fantastic, melt in your mouth👍🏻👍🏻🍻🍻
Thank you Hab and Ed Pitts 🍻🍻cheers🍻🍻
I tried posting a pic, i'm on an ipad and i can't get it to work
Please take my word that it looked as awesome as it was to eat🍴🍴🍴

Habanero Smoker

Glad to read the brisket turned out great. There is not many things more satisfying than a cook that has gone well.

I
         don't
                   inhale.