Questions about Meat Probes

Started by ssampson111, January 02, 2021, 06:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssampson111

Hello - New User here.  I cured my smoker last evening, everything worked fine with my new smoker including the bluetooth app.

I am now trying to actually smoke something, having a couple issues I need help with:

(1) the probes don't seem to work, when I plug either of them in, 1 out of 10 times the digital reading says 32 degrees then goes back to zero.  When I press the screen to set the temp of the probe it just beeps and will not let me set either of them.

(2) Are the probe wires just supposed to 'hang' out the door in order to go from the meat to the Digital Smoke Generator or is there some kind of hole they should be going through?

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

Habanero Smoker

Hi ssampson111;

Welcome to the forum. I don't have the Smart Smoker, but do have the P10. So my answers are based on my experience with the P10. Hopefully someone with experience with the smart smoker will be able to provide more precise answers.

1) Make sure the probes are plugged in prior to turning on the generator, and makes sure you plug the probes into the same color connector. Make sure that the probes are fully plugged in. Check for any left over manufacturing "debris" that might prevent the probes from being fully pushed in.

2) Click on the link below. That Bradley commercial shows that they are fed through the door, with the wires coming out of the bottom location of the door. To save some time skip to the 3 minute mark. The probes are rated up to 212°F, so don't put the probes in the smoker while it is being preheated.

Bacon Wrapped Porkloin

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ssampson111

Habanero - Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.  Yep, watched the video on how the probes come down the bottom of the door - all good on that thx.

I tried your suggestion of ensuring the smoker powers-up with the probes in the holes and that there was nothing obstructing and still no luck.  The Digital Smoke Generator will not even allow me to try to set the temperature of the probes, it just beeps once when I press the temperature setting of the probe(s), it never pops any dialog with either a keypad or the pre-set vs. actual menu that I think is supposed to pop-up. 

-Sigh- I may have to return this thing.  I am sure I am not doing anything wrong in operating the unit.

Smoker John

Maybe contact Bradley prior to returning it, they may be able to troubleshoot it.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712