P10 Meat Probe Problem

Started by 01cons36, June 08, 2021, 08:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

01cons36

Hi,
I only received my P10 last week but have a feeling there is something wrong with either my meat probes or the connectors.
Whenever there is no target temperature set and I press either meat probe buttons all it shows is 30⁰C and not the current temperature. If a target temperature is set it shows that but I don't think the alarm ever goes off to notify me that it has reached the target temperature.

Has anyone had any similar issues or am I doing/understanding something wrong? I have checked the connectors multiple times and they seem to be connected properly.

Thanks

Habanero Smoker

Hi 01cons36;

Welcome to the forum.

The alarm loudness sucks. It is barely audible even with your ear next to the cabinet. So it is probably going off.

Can you provide more information. Such as when do you connect the probes? Are your meat probes inserted into food when you are taking the readings of your test, or just laying on the racks?

I know that Bradley recommends leaving the probes attached at all times, but I only connect them when I want to monitor the internal temperature, since they only measure temperature up to 212°F, I don't want them in the cabinet when I'm preheating to 225°F or more. If you are using the cook tool, then they are very important. I don't generally use them that often since I have a good third party thermometer that has a loud alarm, and I can monitor the temperature by my phone.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)