New to sausage making

Started by CarmeloLabadie, September 11, 2021, 10:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmeloLabadie

New to sausage making? You're not alone. Hunting for deer is a sport which many people enjoy, but some are stuck on the idea of hunting for meat. For those who are not able to hunt due to living in an urban environment or for some other reason, there are options which allow you to hunt without hunting.

One of these is hunting through your freezer. If you're looking to find out if hunting is right for you, here are some things you should know before you get started. Hunting through your freezer isn't easy, but it is an option for many people in certain circumstances. If you're interested in hunting through your freezer, you need to be aware of some things which can either help or get in your way.

Let's take a look at some of the things you may want to know about hunting through your freezer. The best way to find a hidden frozen treat is to look at the back label of the can. If the can is stamped with the words "Great Value," that's a good sign. But be sure to get the best deal you can.

Habanero Smoker

What I do is mix the cure in the water I am adding to the sausage, mix well so the cure is well distributed. Since the meat is ground and the cure is distributed throughout the meat it begins to react immediately, and I stuff it right away. At this point it can go directly in the smoker, but after stuffing you can refrigerate it for several days. I generally place it in the smoker the next day, because by the time I get it stuffed it is pretty late in the day. In addition, while you are drying the sausage, and applying the smoke at low temperatures, this accelerates the chemical reaction of the nitrites. If after adding the salt and cure to the ground meat unstuffed, and you let it cure, even for a little while, the mixture will stiffen and it becomes hard to extrude the meat through the tube when stuffing.

As for the directions on the mix, is it referring to after being stuffed and refrigerated? Prior to being stuffed?

When you freeze any food, it needs to be wrapped, and the better you wrap it the longer it will last in the freezer. If left unwrapped or poorly wrapped your sausage will be damaged by freezer burn, in a very short time. Vacuum sealing provides the best protection.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

lauragorf

Poultry can be used to make snack sticks, but there are a few differences to keep in mind compared to using red meat. First and foremost, it's important to note that poultry has a lower fat content than red meat, which can affect the texture and flavor of the finished product. Poultry snack sticks may be slightly leaner and less tender than those made with red meat.

In terms of processing, the general steps for making poultry snack sticks are similar to those for making red meat snack sticks or almond chicken. You will need to grind the poultry, mix in the desired seasonings and curing agents (such as #1 cure), and stuff the mixture into casings. It's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for any curing agents or seasonings, as the recommended amounts may vary depending on the product.

When it comes to final internal temperatures, it's important to cook poultry snack sticks to a safe temperature to ensure that any harmful bacteria are killed. The USDA recommends cooking all poultry to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Be sure to use a food thermometer to accurately check the internal temperature of the snack sticks before serving.