P10 Error6

Started by Jmyamada, September 30, 2023, 02:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmyamada

Is there anything obvious you are looking for when you check the bisquete temperature sensor? Or are should you just plan on replacing it?

Habanero Smoker

I have never gotten an E6 error. I believe with my model and firmware, the functions of the smoker are also disabled, if their is an E6. This may be different in other firmware and circuit updated models. The only information the manual gives is to check the connection, and sensor. Checking the wire connections is easy enough, but the manual doesn't go into detail on what it means when it states "check the sensor", and how to go about doing that. But the sensor can be working fine, and the problem could be you bisquette heaters. The E6 actually means the bisquette burner failed to detect a temperature of 100 degrees or an increase of at least 3 degree (I believe that is Celsius) within in a minute.

Replacing the sensor can be a pain in the shorts. Before you go that route, I would try rebooting the P10 - turn it off; wait about 30 seconds, then turn it back on to see if that resolves the problem. Maybe reboot a couple of times. If that doesn't work you should contact Bradley, to have them help you troubleshoot to make sure it is the sensor that needs replacement. Though I haven't had to replace the sensor, I have had to remove the bisquette dispense assembly, and the cover to clear a logged bisquette. Removing the assembly is easy, but to remove the cover is very difficult. The screws are tightened very tight, and if any are corroded it is a nightmare to get them out. To get to the sensor, there is a lot more screws and disassembling to do.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Jmyamada

Helpful suggestions!  I have tried the plug/unplug fix a few times, but the error comes back after powering back up. When you get the error you clear it by pushing the rotary dial, but the smoke generator is disabled. I will try Bradley tech support.

Thank you!