Smoker shutting off

Started by Keelinddons, March 21, 2024, 07:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keelinddons

Yesterday morning, I started up my Bradley smoker at 7am when the temperature was 48°F. By 8am, the temperature had only reached 54°F. Even when I managed to get the temperature up to around 110°F, it kept turning off. I tried using plnkgame.com different extension cords and plugging directly into various outlets, but the smoker still shut off after just a couple of minutes. I'm baffled by what could be causing this issue.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Keelinddons;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum under such circumstancesm For us to better help you, can you tell us what model smoker you have.

From what you are describing, it could be a faulty heat temperature sensor. Have you added any appliances on the circuit the smoker is pulling current off of? If so, that may cause of drop in voltage.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jesse628wallick

Quote from: Keelinddons on March 21, 2024, 07:07:06 AMYesterday morning, I started up my Bradley smoker at 7am when the temperature was 48°F. By 8am, the temperature had only reached 54°F. Even when I managed to get the temperature up to around 110°F, it kept turning off. I tried using different extension cords and plugging directly into various outlets, but the smoker still shut off after just a couple of minutes. I'm baffled by what could be causing this issue Healthcare workforce optimization.

It sounds like you're experiencing some common issues with your Bradley smoker. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that might help resolve the problem:

Smoker Keeps Shutting Off This could be due to a faulty or dirty temperature probe, a blown fuse, a defective controller, bad pellets, or an incorrect P-setting.
Clean the meat probe and replace it if faulty.
Check and replace the blown fuse if necessary.
Inspect for any loose connections on the control board and tighten them.
If the controller is defective, it may need replacement.
Ensure you're using quality pellets of the right size.
Adjust the P-setting as needed.
Not Getting Hot Enough The smoker not heating properly can be caused by heat escaping from the cabinet, a faulty heating element, an improperly seated plug, or a blocked meat probe.
Check for any gaps in the smoker door and seal them.
Clean the heating element and replace it if it's defective.
Make sure the plug is correctly seated in the outlet.
Clean the meat probe.
Insufficient Power If there's no power to the smoker, check all plugs and outlets to ensure they're properly inserted and that there's electricity running to the outlet. Also, inspect the GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) and the internal wiring. Problems with the Bradley smoker fuse can also cause power issues.
Call an electrician if you suspect an issue with the internal wiring or fuse.
Low Internal Temperature If the smoker's temperature drops drastically after inserting food, it could be because the smoker wasn't preheated sufficiently. The food absorbs most of the heat, causing the temperature to fall.
Ensure you preheat the smoker thoroughly before adding food.
If these steps don't resolve the issue, it might be best to contact Bradley Smoker customer support for further assistance. They can provide more detailed guidance and support for your specific model.