Small brisket from Aldi’s

Started by mheelis, February 07, 2023, 08:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mheelis

Tips on smoking a salt and pepper pre-seasoned brisket from Aldi,s

Habanero Smoker

Hi mheelis;

Welcome to the forum.

Not much information to go by. I'm guessing it is the flat section of the brisket, and it is probably also injected. Most preseason meats are injected. I wouldn't add any additional seasoning, except for garlic powder.

Remove brisket from packaging, and pat dry. Smoke/cook at 225°F to 250°F. I would apply four hours of smoke; using oak, or apple or hickory, or pecan. Continue to cook until the bark develops to a point when you rub it with your finger it will not smear. It is usually when the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Take it out of the smoker, and wrap it in heavy duty aluminum foil. Before sealing add about 1/4 cup of liquid. This can be low sodium beef stock, apple juice, water or liquid of your choice. Place back in the smoker and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 195°F to 204°F. Most go to 204°F. When the desired temperature is reached, place it in a small empty cooler, or microwave and let it rest until ready to serve. If you use the microwave to hold the brisket while it is resting; do not turn on the microwave during this time. If you let it rest, the longer it rest, it will continue to cook and become more tender.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

aboperdnom

Hey guys, been following this thread and it's awesome seeing everyone so passionate about smoking meats. Gotta say, there's nothing quite like the smell of smoked ribs wafting through the yard. You know what though, I've discovered a secret weapon for when I'm in the mood for a smoke session but didn't have the time to prep - the frozen food section at Costco. Bet you didn't see that one coming, right? But seriously, they have some surprisingly good quality frozen meats - ribs, chicken, fish, you name it! Came across this list on Costcofdb.com one day, and it's been a game-changer for me. So if you ever find yourself in a pinch or just feel like trying something new, check out the frozen foods from costco.