Brand new p10 burn in

Started by BabyGrilla, August 26, 2023, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyGrilla

During my initial first use (burn in) 1 puck fed and burnt and fell in water pan and thats it had to dig out the stuck puck. thinking of returning already after reading all the horror stories on the forums

Habanero Smoker

Hi BabyGrilla,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your experience.

The turntable doesn't leave much room for the bisquettes to travel under. I had a similar problem during my burn in, but I used fairly old bisquettes. The earlier types of bisquettes were not compressed as tight as today's are. Plus being old, the may have swelled a bit due to humidity; even though they were stored properly.

A stuck bisquette can be frustrating to remove, especially if you have to disassemble the turn table. So I understand where you are coming from. Fortunately it has only happened to me once. My advice is when you are loading bisquettes, especially ones that have been around for awhile or ones that are flaking more than usual, don't load them. Check for any swelling. Take care in storing you bisquettes in an airtight container. Check and clean the turntable at least every six cooks.

Keep in mind, that most (including myself) come to this forum to post when we have a problem and seeking a solution, so it may give a misleading idea of the product. I hope you keep the P10. It's a very easy unit to produce so good barbeque.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)