Operating the software

Started by josefbry, March 10, 2024, 04:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josefbry

I need help with setting program in software. But i don't know if i do correct. As you can see on picture i switch on smoke but don't set the time. I switch on heat on 80°C but don't set the time. Because i need that program stop when in meat core are 72°C so i set the sensor temperature on 72°C. Did i do right this way? Or i have to set time  too for heat and smoke? 

Picture

Habanero Smoker

Hi josefbry,

Welcome to the forum.

I rarely use the cook tool. Though I do know that for the smoke time; if you don't want to apply smoke, you will need to click on the smoke icon, this will turn the smoke off, I believe you should also turn the cook time off, by clicking on the cook time icon. You wil know if these features are off, when their numbers turn from blue to grey.

I don't know what you have programmed for Step 4, but it should maintain the same temperature setting. You should do a test run, with a chicken thigh, or pork chop, to see if the program runs correctly, or shuts down at  step 5. When you do your test run, do not load any bisquette, that would just be a waste.

In the meantime, I'm going to take another look at the cook tool, to get a better understanding of it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

josefbry

I actually need that smoke and heat work until meat core temperature 72°C reached. So, I believe it should work like - I Switch on smoke but don't set a time. I also need to heat on 80°C so I switch on heating on 80°C but do not set time. And I set sensor temp on 72°C.
It looks to me logically. Because I don't know how long it take to reach core temp 72°C. I know it don't have exceed temp 80°C and it should smoke all the time. Never mind if it takes 1 or 5 hours. It should just switch off when core temp 72°C.
But as I say I don't know if it work this way.
Do u understand what I mean. Coz my English it's not so good to express myself really good.

I can't try it now, because I brought the smoker 3 days ago, but delivery will be in 3 - 4 weeks because of shortage in Swiss (Actually whole Europe).
So, I collect already info's that I can start with a little bit know how.

josefbry

For me was programming, actually the reason why i brought P10. Im Czech citizen living in Swiss. And in Czech Republic we do smoke a lot. And every produkt has unique way of smoking. So, it's for me perfekt to program it and just run specific program to specific smoked product so, i have continuously same taste. And in need i can just make adjustments until "perfect". ;-)

Habanero Smoker

I agree. If you have several different foods, you are smoking it makes sense to develop a program for each product. Currently, I don't have any use for the Cook Tool

I'm not sure if the P10 will automatically shut off when the meat temperature reaches 72C; or just give you an alarm. You should contact your Bradley representative to see if that can be done.

My concerns are how you programed step 5, with 0:00 time for both the Smoke and Cook times. If you have 0:00 time on both, both will shut off, and you will not get any heat from either the bisquette heater or heating elements. For either the bisquette heater and heating element to work, you have to set a time.

With the P10 you may not need the extra heat from the bisquette heater to get your cabinet temperature to 80C. The bisquette heater tend to create a hot spot in the back left side of the smoker. So if it is not needed, you will get a more even cook.

I don't know what you have for step #4. Can you provide a link to a picture of step #4. You may not need step #5. If you increase that Cook Time in step #4 to cover the time it will take for the meat to reach 72C, then that time will continue through step #5, but you will need to disable the heat time in step #5. If you need the bisquette heater on, you will need to set a time. Maybe set the smoke time in step #1 to cover the entire cook, but only load enough bisquettes for the amount of smoke you want.

For example, if the entire cook time is expected to be 7 hours, and you only want 2 hours of smoke; set the smoke time for 7 hours, but only load 6 bisquettes into the chute. That would provide 2 hours of smoke and keep the bisquette heater on for 7 hours.

I know this needs further explanation, so feel free to ask any question you like.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

josefbry

Habanero Smoker

Your first four steps are programmed correctly. Just one note; I have the earlier model of the P10. With my smoker, for the meat temperature probes to work, you must have them plugged in prior to turning on the smoker or they won't work. Once they are plugged in, you can wait until step 5, before you program them.

It is step 5, that I see as the problem. Setting the Smoke Time, and Cook Time to 00:00 will shut off both the smoke heater, and the heating element. If you goal is to have the meat probes shut off the smoker at 72C, the meat probes do not control the cabinet temperature, they just monitor the meat temperature. You may want to contact your Bradley representative to see if there is a way for the meat probes to control the cabinet temperature.

If you just want the raise the temperature to 80C to finish the sausage, you need to add a value to the Cook Time. You can use whatever value you think will be enough to bring the meat to 72C; such as 04:00, or what time you feel it will take. Then monitor the last step until the meat temperature reaches 72C. As for the meat probe alarm, it's almost useless. It is very low volume. I do have some minor hearing loss, so I don't hear the alarm unless I'm right next to the smoker.

As for the Smoke Time; as I said in a previous post. You most likely will not need the heat for the bisquette heater to keep the P10 at 80C, and it may over cook your meat that is in the left rear of the cabinet. If you do need the heat, but no smoke then just load enough bisquettes for the amount of smoke you need. and set a value for the Smoke Time in step 5. I see you have a total of 6 hours of smoke programmed. If you are applying smoke for those 6 hours, that is a lot of smoke when using a Bradley. Most members use 2 to 4 hours of smoke.

My experience with the P10 is that it produces a stronger smoke flavor than its other models. I feel that is due to the bisquette heaters burning hotter than the other model. You may want to do a test batch with less smoke, on your first trial run.

Feel free to answer any follow-up questions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.