digital smoke generator

Started by crabwise, March 06, 2024, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crabwise

I bought the 4 rack digital smoker to replace my old original bradley smoker.  I built a cold smoke box that I used with the original smoke generator, but when I set up the new digital smoke generator with it, it would turn on.  Do I need to do something special for this to work?  Thanks.

Habanero Smoker

Hi crabwise,

Welcome to the forum.

With the digital generator, the sensor cord has to be attached from the generator to the back of the cabinet to work. To get around to not having to do this, the easiest way is to purchase a bypass plug. This plug closes the circuit, and the generator "detects" that the sensor cord has been plugged in both ends.

Yard & Pool sells them. Or you can do a search for "bradley smoker bypass plug". Most vendors sell them for around $9. You just plug it into the back of the generator

Bypass Plug

Other's have spliced the wire to make it longer, or purchased a longer cord; so when you detach the generator, the sensor cord will be long enough so you can still plug it from the generator to the cabinet.

The best solution is to purchase a bypass cord. If you are comfortable with diy projects, do a search for "bypass cord", you will find directions on how to make one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

crabwise

Thanks.  A search for bradley bypass cord didn't return anything.  Do you have a link.  I found the bypass plug, but I'd like to look at the cord and directions for splicing, or making one before I buy it. 

The link in your reply above points to a connectix axis. 

Thanks again.

Habanero Smoker

Yes! That is the post that instructs how to make a bypass plug. I made one and it does work.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)