Rib twist

Started by pfowl01, September 10, 2006, 03:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfowl01

Hello all,

I was reading up on doing some beef ribs and it seems like the general consenious is to cook until the bones twist easily. Well my question is how easily IS easily? I've done pork ribs this way and they turned out great, but I never did get the bones to twist easily from the meat. They were more or less glued in place by the rub. When I would try to twist them at one point the meat cracked and I figured that was good enough. So you see what I mean?.....are they suppose to twist freely or forceably( is that a word?). Thanks for the help guys you've all been the best! If it wasn't for this site there is no way I would have had as much success as I"ve had ;D ;D

West Coast Kansan

With the BS I share your experience. Only way to make them  fall off the bone tender is to strip the membrane.  Too much work and too many other good cuts to smoke.  I do the ribs on the grill now.  Some one is likely to know the secret though.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)