Temp Question

Started by Oyènkwara, September 16, 2006, 11:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oyènkwara

I'm smoking 4 racks of chicken legs today using my Love control TS to regulate the temp. I set it and went to do my errands. Well unknown to me, one of the output wires pulled off the back of the controler and was not feeding power to the heating element (Damn!!!). The box temp (and meat temp) went up to 120F from the generator/pucks alone but no higher.

The legs have been setting at this temp for about 4 hours. My question is, should I throw out the legs and avoid the chance that they have set at low temp too long?

I have hooked the wire back up and the heating element is now getting power. If I bring the legs up to 170-175 or so will they be ok?

Any thought?

Tom

iceman

TOSS THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!! You.ve just created a bacteria nightmare Oyenkwara. Doo Doo happens some times but don't take chances.
You'll get over it. ;)

TomG

Quote from: iceman on September 16, 2006, 03:44:56 PM
TOSS THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Orrrr!  You could serve them with organic spinach salad. :o

Oyènkwara

QuoteTOSS THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Orrrr!  You could serve them with organic spinach salad.

Salad anyone....?? ;D heee...heeee....that's bad TomG  ;D

Thanks Iceman,

It was my inclination to throw them out too. When my wife asks how old are the leftovers, I always tell her "when in doubt, throw them out". So I will heed my own words and toss them. I picked up some more chicken legs tonight and will give it another go tomorrow.

Now I need to work on the strain relief that should have prevented the wires from being pulled out in the first place.

Thanks guys!!!

Tom