Awesome Ribs

Started by Bassman, October 09, 2006, 07:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

On Saturday I smoked 5 racks of baby back ribs. I used a rub I put together from Paul Kirks book, smoked for 4 hours, pulled them out slathered them in Bone Suck'n bbq sauce and wrapped in foil. Finished in oven for about 45 min. Falling off the bone tender and moist :P. These were my best ribs yet. Even had some for breakfast Sunday morning! ;D
Jack

icerat4

Dont ya just love it when a plan comes together. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Bassman

Yes I do! It happens so seldom ;D
Jack

iceman

Nothing like eggs over easy and a rack of ribs. ;D Ribs,they're not just for dinner anymore! :D

icerat4

Your now my hero ice.LOL ;D ya forgot the beer part sir. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

iceman

Quote from: icerat4 on October 09, 2006, 08:37:57 AM
Your now my hero ice.LOL ;D ya forgot the beer part sir. ;D
I thought the beer was a given factor with anything smoked. :D ;D

BigSmoker

Some good recipes in paul Kirks Championship BBQ book for sure.  Try the snail sprinkle on ribs sometime.  I really like it?  Glad your ribs turned out ;D.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

projump

I took a boston butt and cut it into 5 chunks and smoked it for 9 hours. I took it out of the smoker at close to midnite Sunday and chowed down. Great anytime, day or night.
Note: Only four in the pic, one in my belly.
When there are visible vapors in ignited carbonaceous material, there you will find parts of an omnivorous ungulate from the suidae family of mammals.

Bassman

BigSmoker,
That is exactly the rub I used. It was the first time I used that one and everyone loved it. :P, I think it's the rubbed sage that gives it that extra flavor. ;D
Jack

iceman

Good looking meal there projump. I just had breakfast and now I need lunch already!!! :D ;D

BigSmoker

Quote from: Bassman on October 10, 2006, 03:50:24 AM
BigSmoker,
That is exactly the rub I used. It was the first time I used that one and everyone loved it. :P, I think it's the rubbed sage that gives it that extra flavor. ;D

;D ;D ;D.  Another good recipe from that book thats really good is the yee haw beans using left over pork or brisket.  For steaks the smokey cumin spice-rubbed recipe is great. Oh yea the texas brisket mop is great to inject or marinate a brisket with and the portuguese chourico is pretty tasty too.  My favorite cook book by far.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Bassman

Thanks Big Smoker,
I'll be trying that cumin smoked recipe on the 4 NY strip steaks in the fridge. Paul Kirks book is my favorite by far also, I love experimenting with spices & rubs! ;D
Jack