I'M BACK

Started by Wildcat, October 10, 2006, 10:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

I had my retirement cermony/luncheon last Friday, loaded up the RV and my wife and I went to Chatanooga, Tennessee for a week.  If any of you ever go there, be sure to see Rock City.

Now that we have returned my wife wants me to smoke a small 3 pound boneless Turkey Breast Roast.  Any recommendations?
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Malc

I just did one of these.  I injected a little bit of a marinade made from beer, oil and Wild Willy's rub from Smoke and Spice.  I rubbed it with some Wild Willy's as well and let it sit overnight in the fridge.  Smoke/cooked at 200 until it was done.  It was one of the best things I have done in the smoker.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Wildcat

Sounds good - How long did you smoke it and what was the total time.  I need to try to plan it for dinner time?

manxman

QuoteI had my retirement cermony/luncheon last Friday,

Hope you have a long and happy one Wildcat.  ;)
Manxman

bubbagump

Quote from: manxman on October 12, 2006, 04:40:24 AM
QuoteI had my retirement cermony/luncheon last Friday,

Hope you have a long and happy one Wildcat.  ;)

I second manxman. Enjoy your retirement!

icerat4

What really is retierment.I am 43 years old in illinois and still dosent know what that is.Is it like the lottery or what.Good luck in that retierment deal.Ill stick to working and keeping busy.Forever i guess.Or until that dreaded day. :P.Have a happy day and good luck once again enjoy.LOL.. ;D ;D ;)   6 pack of beer talking .Crap wheres the party .

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

Thanks Manxman, Bubbagump and Icerat4.  After the vacation things were a little busy with regards to simi-emergency repairs to the house and rental property.  Got the fires put out.  Now I need to concentrate on slowing down and taking my time with things.  It will take some getting used to since I have always been a hard charger.  I am going to try and master taking a hard days job and turn it into an easy 5 (or more) day affair.  It should not be hard to do with playing golf, smoking the BS, and drinking a cool one once in a while here in Florida. As winter sets in, I will feel for you northeners hugging your hot coffee mugs up there.  If it ever gets cold here I plan to heat up some fruity Saki and mabe put on a light sweater and smoke the BS.

Icerat4 - I have an RV, I play golf, have rental property, and still plan to volunteer my services as Teen Court Judge for the kids in need.  I kind of wanted to work another couple of years but the difference in my working and retired net pay was much less than minimum wage.  Simply not cost effective.  In acutuality, I will still be working, just not as much, not as hard, at my own pace, and for myself.  Thanks again for the wishes.

icerat4

These dam beers.Hey good luck serious. ;).

Just another weekend with the smoker...

coyote

Here's to hoping your retirement has many years of good health and enjoyment.

Coyote