• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Dyhadrating Fruit

Started by Smokers anonymous, October 18, 2006, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokers anonymous

Just purchased my Bradley. I read somewhere that you can dehydrate fruit and veggies with the smoker.We would like to try dehydrating before the smoker pickups up to much smoke residuals on the inside of the unit. We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has dehydrated with the Bradley but not used smoke. I pray this is not a sacrilege request.

icerat4

Thats news to me i havint see that one.Some one else will chime in soo stay tuned for more details ;)

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Habanero Smoker

I'm not sure, but I would think you would pick up a slight smoke flavor on fruit, even if there is the slightest residue in the cabinet.

I have dehydrated plum tomatoes (cut in half), and partially dehydrated jalapeno and habanero peppers. You can do it, but for me it is really time consuming. With the plum tomatoes (by the way I did add smoke) you really have to keep an eye on them, rotate the racks, both up/down and forward/back, because the cabinet heat is different as you go from top to bottom and from back to from. The back of the cabinet is much hotter. It's been a while since I've done this, so I can't recall any of the times, but I did try to keep the cabinet temperature between 140°F-150°F. Also not all the plum tomatoes were ready at the same time, so you are always going through the trays to pick out the ones that are finished.

For the peppers I just partially dehydrated them during the smoking period, then used a dehydrator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

my account |   cart: empty | checkout | contact us   

order by phone (800) 486-1806   

This is the most famous Food Dehydrator in the world! You've seen it on TV making delicious beef jerky, turkey jerky, homemade yogurt, banana chips and apple snacks, dried pineapple, and much more. It comes with an instructional booklet with recipes. Save money by buying fruits and vegetables when they're on sale and, because you dry them, they'll last up to 3 months in any sealed plastic bag. And, there's no waste.fruits, meats, and vegetables stored in your refrigerator too long will spoil.

Price: $ 39.95

Qty:

Your payment option:
A Single Payment for your convenience.

AVAILABILITY:  In Stock

2-Tray Package (1 Fruit Rollup and 1 Herb Screen)
Price: $ 19.90
Color:  N/A
Avail of the fruit roll-up and herb screen tray and enjoy the versatility of your Ronco™ Electric Food Dehydrator. Make healthful, fresh and delicious giant fruit roll-ups with no additives or preservatives. It's so easy - even the kids can do it! Just use any flavored or non-flavored apple sauce, spread it evenly over the Fruit Roll-Up Tray with a rubber spatula and let it dry in the Dehydrator. The herb screen holds all your herbs and spices even after drying. Herbs won't fall when dried in the herb screens.

>> more details

Additional Food Dehydrator Tray
Price: $ 9.95
Increase the capacity of your Food Dehydrator and Jerky Maker to create more dried fruits, vegetables, or jerky in one batch. The 5-tray Electric Food Dehydrator can be expanded to 10 trays, while the 10-tray Motorized Food Dehydrator can have a maximum of 15 trays.

>> more details

Food Glamorizer
Entice the palate with the sight! Create table decorations using fruits and vegetables for your everyday eating experience. Have a feel of fine dining experience with your family each time. Food glamorizer makes you create flower-like decoration out of ordinary fruits and vegetables. With a booklet to guide you, you will enjoy cooking and decorating your food everyday!

>> more details

Fruit Rollup Tray
Kids love fruit roll-ups! The problem with buying fruit roll-ups in the supermarket is that they're loaded with sugar and chemicals. By using your Ronco™ Electric Food Dehydrator and our Fruit Roll-Up Trays you can make healthful, fresh and delicious giant fruit roll-ups with no additives or preservatives. It's so easy - even the kids can do it! Just use any flavored or non-flavored apple sauce, spread it evenly over the Fruit Roll-Up Tray with a rubber spatula and let it dry in the Dehydrator. When the fruit roll-up is dry and pliable, remove it from the Fruit Roll-Up Tray, lay it flat on plastic wrap and roll it up. These Fruit Roll-Up Trays can be used in either one of our 2 Food Dehydrator models.

>> more details

Herb Screens - Set of 3
The herb screen holds all your herbs and spices even after drying. Herbs won't fall when dried in the herb screens unlike in the regular trays that come with the Dehydrator. Herbs normally dry overnight in the Ronco™ 5-Tray Food Dehydrator and dry in about 4 hours in the Ronco™ 10-Tray Motorized Food Dehydrator.

>> more details

Herb Screens - Set of 5
Price: $ 14.95
The herb screen holds all your herbs and spices even after drying. Herbs won't fall when dried in the herb screens unlike in the regular trays that come with the Dehydrator. Herbs normally dry overnight in the Ronco™ 5-Tray Food Dehydrator and dry in about 4 hours in the Ronco™ 10-Tray Motorized Food Dehydrator.

>> more details

About Us | Site Map | Shipping Information | Satisfaction Guarantee | Payment Options | Privacy Statement
Company Policies | Conditions of Use | Contact Us | Affiliate Program 

Copyright © 2001-2006. Ronco Corporation. All Rights Reserved. 

this ronco might suit ya a little better.ron popeil ronco webpage.Hope this helps

Chez Bubba

Anon,

You CAN dehydrate in the Bradley, but remember, first & foremost, it's a SMOKER. It does an excellent job doing what it was designed for & a mediocre (and time consuming) job of dehydrating.

The biggest issue I see is there is no fan to move the air. Without that, the only way moisture can exit the food & the cabinet is via heat rising. Pump up the heat to get rid of the moisture & you're no longer dehydrating, you're cooking.

My BIL uses the same method as Habs. Use the smoker for flavor, then move the food to a dehydrator for dehydrating.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

icerat4

What ya dont like the ronco deal.Thats what he needs.A dehydrator not a smoker.Hummm im confused.Just make a little more room on the counter. ???

Arcs_n_Sparks

AP,

Not sure that is possible..... 8)

Arcin' & Sparkin'

coyote

We work and try and do everything we can to see to it that whatever we put in the BS

does NOT dry out :o........................Get a dehydrator. ;D

Smoke on,
                                                         Coyote

icerat4

I thought i made a little cents. :D

manxman

I tried drying some herbs from the garden in my BS when I first got it, gave up and hung them by the combi boiler in the end which worked a lot better!  ;)
Manxman

coyote

...........My brain itches....................Coyote