Grilled and BBQed Mosquito

Started by Oldman, November 25, 2006, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well the girls are having me grill 4 racks of ribs tonight. As I was out there turning them a mosquito did a dive-bomb on the bone side of one.... well I watch has he figured out real quick this was not the place to be... but he was stuck... Oh well one less blood sucker around.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

I only wish we had Mosquitos!

It's -20 tonite! Brrrrr...

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

MWS

Mosquitoes?

It's snowing here. We just watched our village Christmas parade and fireworks and became a human snowman. I love this time of year.  :) Cheers all
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

West Coast Kansan

Mr W. Just a few months and they will be back...making up for lost time. I had not noticed mesquitos where i live until this year. They are around for about a half hour just after sunset.  For the price of houses here even that is too much!

-20 do you have a cap on that hood exhaust opening?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Hi WCK

Ya, we have more than our share of mosquitos around here in the summer. Right now though the only bit you will get is "frost bite"!
You bet, it's a through the wall vent with a damper on it.

Gizmo

Olds,
Ya think if they were willing to sacrifice themselves for your meal, they would at least be big enough to eat.  Oh well.  Thanks for at least depleating the population if only by one.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

QuoteWell the girls are having me grill 4 racks of ribs tonight. As I was out there turning them a mosquito did a dive-bomb on the bone side of one.... well I watch has he figured out real quick this was not the place to be... but he was stuck... Oh well one less blood sucker around.

Hey Olds, most people just settle for some tiger prawns or lobster with their "turf ", mosy n'turf just doesn't quite have the same ring to it!  ;)

How did it taste? Bit crunchy no doubt?  What did you serve it with? ;D ;D
Manxman

gpsmoker

Mr. Walleye, your cold temps finally rolled east across the border into Manitoba here, was plenty chilly last night here in Winnipeg. But the cold is ok...good for cold smoking more cheddar! Had some of it the other evening on some fajitas.....very nice indeed! Stay warm.

Greg
When it's brown its cooking....when its black its done!

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

Mr Walleye

Hi GPSSmoker

Today... -40 with windchill and colder tomorrow! Plus we just got 8 inches of snow! I think this weather system is heading your way. I probably don't have to explain windchill to someone from Winnipeg!  ::)

Oh well! Buckle down, suck it up and get over it I guess!

On the bright side it has to get better!