bubbadude errr bubblagump

Started by Oldman, October 29, 2006, 03:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I E-mailed you after a couple of members here contacted me concerning one of your posting directed at my person.  You have elected not to reply... figures.

Now I missed this and today another member E-mailed me concerning this statement and asked me to address this statement by your person: You are making it real hard to stay off of this board.
QuotePolitics and assault weapons have no purpose here, period.
Excuse me dude but the off topic board is just that... off topic.  You don't like off topics then stay the He11 off of those types of boards.  You must think you are special as you want to change what is standard on every site out there where posting is the part of a community.

Now maybe you missed this posting bubblagum:
QuoteI used to be a huge fan of Rush, I probably listened to him for 10 years or so. At some point he started to go way off the reservation of intellegent conversation quite a few years ago. That's when I stopped listening.

I think that Sean Hannity is slowly leaning that way also.

I'm sure you could find many Conservatives like myself who find Rush's old tactics to be refreshing and funny and his new one's tactless.

He has gone from politico to entertainer to mindless drone.
Too bad.

Ya for the most part I'm voting D this time. Unless you can show me where my last vote of R has been of value...

Art and Iceman, thanks for your E-mails.  Nice to know that there are folks here with open minds.

I hope this is the last time I have to return here... Let Olds RIP!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bubbagump

Olds,

I chose not to respond to your e-mail because as far as I was concerned the subject was over. But since you feel the need to continue this here and are obviously looking for a response from me I'll reply to this, just once.

Let's start with the post I made in another thread that you are so upset with. First, you started the thread, and as a result of it two longtime members (you being one of them) decided to leave the forum. One, because he felt his morals or core values were being questioned, and you because you felt you were being beat up. The fact is Olds, you were being debated by others, not beat up; there is a difference.

The result of that thread is exactly why Chez has asked members, on more than one occasion, to refrain from subjects involving politics and religion. I couldn't agree more. There are numerous other forums to discuss those topics if a person chooses to do so. No one ever wins or converts someone else to his or her way of thinking when it comes to politics or religion. It just results in tempers flaring and bad blood. Your thread is a perfect example of that. Nobody won and the forum lost.

As far as my comment that "politics and assault weapons have no place here", well, as I mentioned above, Chez has asked that politics or religion not be discussed here. So if you have a problem with that you need to discuss it with him. With respect to assault weapons, that's my opinion, if you don't like it, too bad. As a member of this forum I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are yours. I wasn't trying to change or control anything; I was exercising my right to voice my opinion.

I'm not sure why you referenced your comments about Rush in this thread. I have no allegiance to him, nor do I even listen to him. The comments I made in the other thread were in reference to the topic of politics being discussed here, and the way you responded to others feedback.

I bought my BS a little over a year ago mainly because of this forum and the information I found while reading it. It has been, and hopefully will continue to be, a great resource for everyone looking to experiment and try new ways of cooking and smoking foods. If I happened upon this site now and read some of the bickering and fighting that is going on, I might of thought otherwise.

As far as you returning, I hope you do. I have learned a great deal from you, and others here, and look forward to the information you can share.

I do have to admit, though, the subject title you chose for this thread speaks volumes.

Oldman

bubbagump,

You are correct:
QuoteI do have to admit, though, the subject title you chose for this thread speaks volumes.
I admit now I was wrong in that title.... I've let time go by and have re-thought what your points were.

So as far as the title goes I ask you to overlook it. I was totally wrong to address you in this manner.  I got my A$$ on above my head and could not see....

With that said I hope you will continue here. If and when you  reply here... I will do the same.  I hope you do as you have been a great value to this community. Blame this all on the Brandy....the gamer in me and sometimes I just need my butt kick back into place.

I'm truly sorry that I cause you grief. I'm extending my hand to you... in effort that you will overlook me being stupid.

//SIGNED//
Raye Minor
aka Olds.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bubbagump

Olds,

You are not alone in your tendency to type before you think; I have been guilty of the same. This forum has been a great source of information for me, and I'm sure others. My hope is that it can remain a place where members can stay focused on topics relative to what brought us all here in the first place.

It's good to see you back posting again as your knowledge and input will benefit us all.

Take care,

Bubbagump

Oldman

QuoteYou are not alone in your tendency to type before you think; I have been guilty of the same.
Yepper that is me at times!

car54

It can be difficult to post on a subject when people interpret it in a way that it was not intended. This is especially true with humor. With out  voice, facial and body gestures all we have on the internet are cold words. You have to chose them wisely to minimize any misinterpretations

Glad to hear from you Olds and I hope things go good for your wife.

Brad

icerat4

I for surly know this.Right olds.Now were the best of buddies. ;D ;).iTS ALL ABOUT THE LOVE BABY.o AND THE SMOKED FOOD.lol ;).

Just another weekend with the smoker...

LilSmoker

Ah! this really is great news, sure i'm still a newbie here, but i still realise that this forum/community needs people like Olds and bubbagump to make it the the place it is.
Takes big men to say "sorry" so respect allround i think, Olds, i hope your wife gets a break soon and starts feeling better, she sounds like one heck of a woman ;)

Gonna do pulled pork tonight in honour of Olds & bubbagump, think i'll call it "Oldgump pork"  ;D

Bye for now guys.............LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Oldman

LilSmoker

Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2006, 09:29:31 AM
Quote"Oldgump pork"

;D ;D ;D

And here it is, some delicious "Oldgump pork":

It tastes awesome! there was a lot more, but the wife and me were eating just as much as we were pulling!

I'm off to do some hot smoked salmon now, bye for now...........LilSmoker

Arcs_n_Sparks

LilSmoker,

That looks great!

Arcs_n_Sparks

LilSmoker

Hi Arcs_n_Sparks, yeah thanks, the pork really did turn out nice, we've had visitors today, and unfortunately they've devoured most of it, apart from my secret stash  ;D

Oh well, i'll have to do two next time ;)