Grillin' Grillin' Grillin' Keep those Steak A Movin'

Started by Oldman, December 02, 2006, 12:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Man I've created a monster in my Mother. After I cleaned up my grill last week all I've done is grill. Mother and my Sister-In-Law got together... invited a whole bunch of ladies over and for 3 hours all I did was steaks, chops, shrimp, losbter and believe it or not a couple of hamburgers...  Plus every night I have had to grill for Mother and my wife now for at least the last 10 days...

Anyway last night I got a break as Mother, and my wife were over at my Sister-In-Laws house for dinner... so I grill a couple of steaks for me and the dogs. These where huge Strip Steaks... I think they came off of Porter House Steaks.

In this first image I have fired up the grill and the grates on the right hand side at being pre-heated. On the left you can see where I have laid the soaked wood chips on the iron.

Once the grills tops are hot I slid them back over the wood chips and lit the grill... within 30 second the chips begin to smoke..

I believe this picture says everything.

Now for all of you who have talked down that we in Florida are cheated because we don't have the *cough* 4 seasons check out this last image... see those flowers... see the 70 F degree evening temp... see we don't have to wait 5 months to break out the grill...  so suffer baby suffer...  ;D

BTW my garden is going strong... how is that one of yours doing in the snow.... LOL LOL LOL~~! 4-Seasons... Bla~~~  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

You tell them Olds.  I have spent time in that cold white stuff and they can have it.  It was only fun when I was young and felt no pain.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

MWS

Quote from: Wildcat on December 02, 2006, 01:16:49 PM
You tell them Olds.  I have spent time in that cold white stuff and they can have it.  It was only fun when I was young and felt no pain.

You know what fellas? I see your point.

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

I must say though....a nasty snowfall beats a hurricane in my books.  ;)
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Wildcat

Oldman

QuoteI must say though....a nasty snowfall beats a hurricane in my books.
Where I live we have not a hurricane hit the Tampa Bay area since 1921... you get snow every year....  :P

iceman

HEY!!!! You guys cheat!!!
Geez :D ;D

At least the garage is heated :o :D :)

PetersCreek

Quote from: Oldman on December 02, 2006, 12:33:14 PM
... see we don't have to wait 5 months to break out the grill...  so suffer baby suffer... 

Who has to wait and suffer?  Before shoveling snow anywhere else, we shovel a path to the grill on the deck.   :P
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

Oldman

Quote from: PetersCreek on December 07, 2006, 01:43:38 PM
Quote from: Oldman on December 02, 2006, 12:33:14 PM
... see we don't have to wait 5 months to break out the grill...  so suffer baby suffer... 

Who has to wait and suffer?  Before shoveling snow anywhere else, we shovel a path to the grill on the deck.   :P

Shovel... I just pull up my shorts and walk over.... ;D

PetersCreek

Been there, done that.  Born in the South...raised in the South...stationed in the South, including Florida.  Summers with 80°, 90°, and 100° temps...and humidity to match?  You can keep 'em! ::)

I'll keep the cold...and the views...and the fishing...and the Northern Lights...and the mountains...

(clickable)

;D
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

Wildcat

They are just jealous Olds.  I will take 2 or 3 months of HOT over 8 or 9 months of COLD anyday.  If it is too hot you just limit activities to morning and evening.  Up there you shovel and shovel and put on so many clothes you look like a bear.