Tuesday Night TEXT CHAT... 11-21-06... Approx 8pm or 9pm Eastern To ?

Started by owrstrich, November 19, 2006, 02:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

Tuesday Night TEXT CHAT...     11-21-06...      Approx 8pm or 9pm Eastern To ? ? ?

show up if you can... if not... there is always next week...

here is the link...

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/chat.php?

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i gotts to work till about 11pm eastern... so... i wont be there... enjoy...
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

BillyG

I'm here....It's 1130 est.  I need help w/a couple things.  I want to get a vacuum sealer so that I can stop wasting pucks on one or two racks and done a lot at one time and vacuum seal then freeze a couple for later use.

I've seen two, one made by Rival that you can get for about $40 bucks on www.hsn.com then another by a company named Tilia that's like triple the price.  Any feedback on if I need to spend that much or not???

The second I'll probably start a thread for.  My buddy did some hunting this past weekend and took FIVE deer to the butcher and is going to hook me up with a few bags of meat!!!!!!  I asked him to give me at least one roast, probably about 8 to 10 pounds and probably the butt.  I'll DEFINITELY need some help on how to smoke this guys, NO CLUEwhat I'm doing.  Temp, time, and seasoning will all be a big help, a big big help.  I plan on bringing it to Xmas this year instead of the ham that mom usually brings considering she won't be there.

So anyway, what do you guys think of the sealers????  And if anyone wants to email or PM me or whatever about the deer I'd appreciate it.

Scotty-G

BillyG,
The Tilla is the Vacuum Saver brand.  Search the forum and you will find some discussions about it.
I have broken a Rival through over-use within 2 years.  Got a Tilla Vacuum Saver as a hand me down (already 2 years old) and used it for 3 years.  Actually decided to upgrade to their latest model and passed the hand me down to a friend about 6 months ago and he uses it regularly and it is still going strong.  We love the new model.

There has been much discussion here and elsewhere about which bags to use. . .
I by in bulk from Costco the Vacuum Saver bags but have also purchased their marinading container and use it routinely.
Along with my BS the vaccum saver is one that I don't want to be without.

Scotty-G