Bisquette won't automatically advance

Started by ssammut, January 03, 2007, 09:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

I have not had a problem with mine yet (DBS6R).  I did reassemble the puck burner as one side was mounted on top of the bracket and the the other side mounted below.  This caused the high side to be slightly above the ramp.  I never had a puck hang up but didn't want to see how long it would take for it to happen.
It would be nice if Bradley does the research on this problem and finds the cure that they would post it here for the folks to read.  May save on some future service calls.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Boybach

Hi Guys
Spoke with Grakka this morning who were apologetic and offered to replace smoke generator yet again. However have now decided to get complete OBS so having already paid out the cost of the Generator have now paid further GBP120 to have complete new outfit. I figure that if Smoke generator malfunctions in future at least can whack some heat on in the cabinet and try and salvage food inside.
Thanks for all your help, I will be away for rest of week so have arranged with Grakka delivery of the new boy next week. Will report back
Boybach

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Hi Boybach, glad to hear that you're getting sorted, and i'm sure you'll be very pleased with the new OBS  ;)

Also it has to be said, i think the customer service is second to none, my first BS was quite badly dented inside, within a few days it was replaced no problem. I guess just like all other mass produced goods, there's always going to be few duff smokers, at least having a great customer service dept eases the dissapointment in these situations. As we all know only too well, dealing with some companies is an absolute nightmare! ::)

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

QuoteSpoke with Grakka this morning who were apologetic and offered to replace smoke generator yet again. However have now decided to get complete OBS

Good news Boybach, glad Grakka came up trumps for you. At least Bradley customer service continues to be excellent on both sides of the pond when people do have problems.  :)

Manxman

Chez Bubba

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on January 21, 2007, 03:14:20 PMI guess the point is that once you get a good one it IS A Good One. It is not however a happy thing when your smoker takes a dump in the middle of a smoke. 
My first one was a bum & got immediately replaced. 5+ years later, not a hitch. I'm the only thing that has taken a dump in the middle of a smoke. ;) ;D ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

iceman

Quote from: Chez Bubba on January 29, 2007, 06:59:21 PM
I'm the only thing that has taken a dump in the middle of a smoke. ;) ;D ;D
Kirk
Well I'll be. I thought I was the president of that club. There are smoke jumpers then there are smoke dumpers!!!  :D ;) Of course the title changes the next morning. Can't go ther though. Family forum and all. ;D ::) ;D

Boybach

Well this morning the new OBS has arrived and WOW am I excited. I must thank Bradley's and in particular Grakka for fantastic customer service and their prompt and understanding support. Can't wait to use it but alas due to work comittments I'll have to wait until the week-end. But I'll soon be on the go.
Incidentally I have just returned to the UK from a few days out in Doha Quatar Middle East and boy can't those guys BBQ. We had a couple of whole lamb cooked in a sand pit out in the desert with all sorts of sausages (all sans pork of course) made out of what I don't rightly know except that they were delicious we also had bbq goat and camel and a variety of rice dishes and salad items. The Chefs inventive skills knew no bounds and as a starter we had a delicious dish of smoked Aubergines. These were placed in a  mesh cotton bag and stuck on a pole high above the fire pit but centrally in the smoke stream. After about an hour they were split opened and the insides scraped out mixed with olive oil a little vinegar and a sprinkling of mixed spice powder (Garlic, ginger cummin pepper and chilli -Chef says Chinese Five Spice powder also very good) and served with warmed flat bread similar to pitta bread. It was awseome. Only dissapointment - strictly no alcohol which can only be consumed in hotels, so it was washed down with coke and sweet tea. OK but must admit that for me BBQ's need a cold beer and a nice glug of wine.
Never mind made up for it on flight home
Thanks again for the advice will let you know how the first batch of sustenance from the new BS goes down. Cheers ;D

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

manxman

QuoteI'm the only thing that has taken a dump in the middle of a smoke.

Nothing like a good dump is there!!  :-[ :-[

QuoteWe had a couple of whole lamb cooked in a sand pit out in the desert with all sorts of sausages (all sans pork of course) made out of what I don't rightly know except that they were delicious we also had bbq goat and camel and a variety of rice dishes and salad items. The Chefs inventive skills knew no bounds and as a starter we had a delicious dish of smoked Aubergines. These were placed in a  mesh cotton bag and stuck on a pole high above the fire pit but centrally in the smoke stream. After about an hour they were split opened and the insides scraped out mixed with olive oil a little vinegar and a sprinkling of mixed spice powder (Garlic, ginger cummin pepper and chilli -Chef says Chinese Five Spice powder also very good) and served with warmed flat bread similar to pitta bread

Sounds like you had a great time out there Boybach, my this description has made me hungry!!  :P :P
Manxman

Wildcat

Where else in the world will you get a chance to taste camel? ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/