ICE!

Started by West Coast Kansan, January 14, 2007, 09:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

On the Rose Bushes, Jan 14, 2007! Thinking that cycling the sprinkler not only did not work but was a bad idea. 

BURRRRRRR

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on January 14, 2007, 09:13:19 AM
On the Rose Bushes, Jan 14, 2007! Thinking that cycling the sprinkler not only did not work but was a bad idea. 

BURRRRRRR
My brother said there was snow on the hills behind Thousand Oaks also. Dad said he saw it too on his way back into the harbor at Cahnnel Islands. You are getting some strange weather WCK :o

Gizmo

Strange weather for the coast especially.  Don't know that I have ever heard of the coast getting below freezing although I am sure it has happened.  Inland, ice is common several times every year.  I actually had to break down and buy an ice scraper for the windshields many years ago.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

Sprinklers on a freezing night is usually a good idea, at least here in Florida.  If the water freezes while on the plant, ice will form and prevent the plant from getting any lower that 32F.  That is one of the ways we save crops here.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

This was just a message to all the fruit loops in Sacratomato and the independent republic of Bezerkley regarding global warming.   :D

Sparkler

West Coast Kansan

Wildcat, I certainly grew ice on the plants.  May not have been a bad thing but I think it is all gone anyway.  Cut the roses and other stuff off. Need to do it in Jan anyway. Couple of more nights of this from what i hear. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)