Smoked Cats

Started by Cold Smoke, June 25, 2005, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Smoke

I mean catfish. Just got back from my annual fishing trip to the great white north- actually, I live in the great white north. I just went further north, and brought back some nice catfish fillets. I was wondering if there were any catfish smoking efficianados amongst us who would share a recipe for smoked kitties??

BTW- I do have the Smoke & Spice book and have the recipe in there (too much pepper for me) and looking for a brine type recipe.

Thanks!

Cold Smoke

Phone Guy

Kummok

During the summer, I normally only have time to check the "Fish" category and I gotta admit CS, ya had my interest there for a minute....I thought that someone had FINALLY found a good use for my wife's cat!![:D][}:)][;)] No catfish up here though, so I'm not much help.....I'll get back to working on the boat now, albeit with dashed hopes[;)][;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Cold Smoke

Yikes! Now that's a big cat! I don't believe they make a Bradley big enough to smoke that baby!

Sorry Kummock, you may have to live with your wife's feline for a while longer. You can probably feed salmon to cats but not vice versa eh?...[8][xx(][V][8][B)][B)]

Cold Smoke

JJC

Now there you go again dissing cats, Kummock . . . although I must say mine do clear out when I get the smoker going--they know I'll try just about anything in there [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Cajun

Talk about smoking the wifes feline and it runs away when the smoker is going? and people say us in Louisiana will eat anything that stays still for over three minutes Ha! A little lemon butter with a small amount of black pepper in the Bradley for about two hrs.with about one hour of hickory smoke on 210* works pretty well. 5-7oz fillets used
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum Cajun.  Your recommendation sounds similiar to my broiled ones.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Welcome Cajun,  hopefully you'll see my earlier post on the Cajun and Creole food and correct me if I am wrong there.

Cold Smoke, I can't help you with the recipe side but if you need experienced taste testers give me a ring.  Fried, smoked, baked, breaded, cajun blacken, I have all tried.  Of those, smoked is the one I haven't prepared......YET.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/