Two Day $700.00 Ad

Started by Oldman, February 15, 2007, 08:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

QuoteOlds, you are like the Alton Brown of carpets!  ;D

To funny....

What is not funny is the mass in my industry has never been to school and rely upon a salesperson for the chemistry.

The mills still manufacture 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation nylons. The chemistry for a 5th generation is not effective on a 3rd or 4th. The chemistry for a 3rd or 4th can / may damage a 5th generation. None of them are effective on an olefin. The chemistry for an olefin is a complete NO NO on any generation nylon.

Most *cough* professional cleaners learn via osmosis at the expense of the customer.  Then again most customers still believe you can get 4 rooms and a hall cleaned for $99.99!

Oh I better hit the Post button before I get on my soap box.... *

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

Hey olds what is the best in home use vacuum on the market.I have a dyson are  there any better ones out there..The wife is in the market to buy a new machine .We have the dc-14 model now.Which should i get olds.Thanks in advance sir. ;) ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Oldman

Just about any Commerical twin motor upright that filters into the hepa range is good. The 14" Versamatic is a great machine. It will out live your children. There is no way a homeowner can wear out a standard Versamatic.  We have one that has been bouncing in the back of a van for close to 8 years... it just never stops working. (I don't know anything about the super versamatic.) Look to pay around $550.00 for the unit. Its list is closer to $800.00. 

Here is a link.  Make sure to order bags.

When you pull out the hose to do detail work with crevic tool the floor bush stops. It has a light on it that comes on when it is time to change out the bag.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

How does this unit compare to the dyson.Same or way better in suction.

Oldman

I cannot say as I know of no commerical carpet manufactures that have a dyson on their approved list. Thus I have never used it.  I know of no Cyclonic Vacuums that are used commerically in my industry other then the Host Liberator ($4000.00) and the Host Freestyle ($3,400.00) which are basically a dry carpet cleaning method.  You might want to find a versamatic locally in a Janitorial Suppy House, and go look it over.

icerat4

Gizmo

Olds,
What method of carpet cleaning do you recommend?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

QuoteOlds,
What method of carpet cleaning do you recommend?

For your home I like hot water extraction, based on the IICRC Standard S001. You can find an IICRC Certified Cleaner in your area by going to the IICRC Web Site. The IICRC is non-profit, and it was established in 1972 - 73.  I'm a Master IICRC Certified Cleaner. (I have 6 certifications.)

Remember just like we can get a bad doctor you can get a bad Certified Cleaner. They will give you at least 3 names in your area.

Here is a thought for you.  Soils deposit in what I call the "sink" area. (First 8 or so feet into your home.) If you were to put a good WaterHog mat that is large enough for you to take 6 full steps on the outside of your house then the soils will deposit there. I have a saying concerning the sink...if you control the sink then you control the soil load in the building.

I like WaterHog mats... they last for many many years and they are very effective. (OH P.S. they are not cheap at first; however, I have one that has been outside my front door now for 17 years, so in the long run they are very cost effective.)

Solid rubber nubs prevent carpet from crushing.
Non-slip rubber backing

This one is a standard mat. You can get them in different designs.
For the outside of the house DO NOT get the ones that have rubber edges dammed for water containment.

Gizmo

Thanks Olds,
Very interesting.  Took a look at your link for Certs in our area.  Only one had a website that worked.  They also advertised dry carpet cleaning for less soiled carpet.  Was surprised that someone certified in hot water extration would even consider another method.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/