• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Puck advance misses sometimes

Started by MRH, February 17, 2007, 07:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

On a 4 hour burn (smoke) would it not be just as easy to load the unit with two 2-hour smokes?

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

Thanks West Coast, I haven't had them jam but I do notice the advance motor makes a little more noise with them on top. It would be nice to keep the top and bottom surfaces intact but I wonder if the open holes on the side would create a place for them to hang up when they are on the final drop just before being pushed in. Sometimes they drop down a little on the leading edge first as the slid pulls back. Anyway I think I will drill them top to bottom just to lighten the load a bit. It will have to wait... Just put a load jerky in.

Thanks

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

WCK

Drilling them from the sides sounds like a good idea so the flat top/bottom stays smooth. Drill press time.
I had some shovels too but i gave em to my wife for planting roses and such  ;D

nepas

West Coast Kansan

Mike, Dark again and forgot to count holes. :-[ I think you have a good point about the leading edge catching on the lip the tube sets on.  It may be possible.

:D :D NePa, if the Mrs should did a hole about the size of a sheet of plywood and maybe 6 feet deep... ??? ... that would be time to sell some stuff in the garage ;) ;) ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MRH

Talked to Bradley today and they told me to take the generator cover and clean things.  I had already blowed the crap out of it with a air compressor after I finishe the other day and did get a bunch of particles of wood out.  Maybe it was that or pucks not quite in right, because it looked very clean probably like when it was new even.  So WCK I think I will drill holes too, to lighten up the load a little in the bubba pucks.  When you say sides do you mean on the flat side or the edge of the bubba puck?

Thanks,
Mark

West Coast Kansan

Half dozen 3/8 inch holes.  They feel lighter.  Have not had any trouble on this generator. Dont know if it is the generator or the holes but I know from an old post the holes help... 8)

Clean and pretty are they not?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MRH

Oldman

Opps I miss-read this thread... I thought you all were talking about the pucks themselves... Doh on me...  :o

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MRH

Ok I did the modification to the Bubba Pucks too.  I drilled 7 holes at 7/16",  I know they are not all evenly spaced ::)  Here is a pic.

LilSmoker

Hey MRH, you've got an extra hole in each one, even more lightweight!  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

Did ya weigh 'em before and after?  How much did they lose?

LilSmoker

They look a bit like the chamber from a revolver, or blades from a meat grinder/mincer  ;D

Designer Bubba Pucks!, everybodies gonna want them  ;D  ;)

Wildcat

Quote from: LilSmoker on February 24, 2007, 07:37:57 AM
They look a bit like the chamber from a revolver, or blades from a meat grinder/mincer  ;D

Designer Bubba Pucks!, everybodies gonna want them  ;D  ;)

I know that I do. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Haha! yeah Wildcat i'm getting another urge  :o

I remember when my new toys arrived from the states, courtesy of Kirk (Chez Bubba) Maverick ET-73, 3 Bubba pucks, at the time i thought to myself these are very precious (which they are) they'll get treated with a lot of TLC. Manx actually looks after his better than the family crystal! if i remember?  ;D  Anyway i did surgery on the Maverick with great results, as i'm monitoring a pork butt right now at my pc, which is in an upstairs room, and the BS is in the garage. So big success on that one.
So i'm wondering whether to start drilling holes in my lovely precious bubba pucks?

Decisions, decisions  ??? ;D ;)

Wildcat

If you have the equipment - I say drill away!  I doubt you could mess them up beyond repair.  I only received two from Chez.  I will probably order another one when I get around to ordering some more wood. ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/