Help from my Canadian friends

Started by BigSmoker, August 28, 2004, 12:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

This is O.T. about the Bradley but I'm looking for a Canadian brand charcoal made in Quebec.  It's called Maple Leaf.  I tried calling the number on the bag but no one answered.  I presume all you do to call Canada is 1 + the area code and number.  Any help would be appreciated.[:D]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

I've heard good reports on this brand of charcoal before.

You are correct on the dialing method.

Maybe they didn't answer because they were helping the French stack their rifles for the impending invasion's surrender.

Even if they did answer, they probably would feign the ability to speak english. C'est la vie.

(I apologize in advance to any member of this forum from Quebec that feels I have painted with too broad a brush. Yes, I probably have, but every time I've been there, that's the feeling I got. The fact that you are participating on this forum and not trying to secede from your country and demand we have a "French forum", excludes you from my rant.)[:)]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

Jeff,
Sorry but I have never seen Maple Leaf brand charcoal before, but then again a whole lot a stuff from Quebec never makes it to Alberta...  I use Kingsford when I'm using coals, but for the most part we're all accustomed to using gas...

Kirk - LMFAO[:D]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Smokin Joe

Jeff,

I buy this all the time for my offset smokers...it really is an amazingly good wood.

I know the company is out of Quebec, but much more than that I can't tell you.  However, I do know that I can purchase it from both the Canadian Tire (//www.canadiantire.ca) and Home Depot (//www.homedepot.ca) chains in Canada.  

You may want to hit those sites and call their customer service folks and see if you can locate a customer service number for the Maple Leaf wood from them...

Hope that helps...Oh yeah, and by the way, it is just 1 + area code + number here as well.

Smokin' Joe Johnson
Caroline's Rub - Fine Spice Creations
//www.carolinesrub.com
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Smokin Joe

Found this URL that advertises it...the website they give is //www.russellacres.com, but I couldn't get there.  They do have a phone number at this link though:

http://www.kingsmoke.com/images/esquire_lg.jpg

You may want to give it a call and see if you come up with anything.

Smokin' Joe Johnson
Caroline's Rub - Fine Spice Creations
//www.carolinesrub.com
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!