I created a monster

Started by Oldman, August 28, 2004, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

As most know here I'm an organic gardener. What most don't know I'm a guru at it. It is one of the few things I do very well. Anyway I've posted some help answers on a couple of gardening sites. Well that has now grown to where I'm getting 3 to 5 request per day in my E-mail. Some days the count is 10~~! The answers are not simple and most require some time to reply.  As such I'm not smoking as much as I like and I'm now only gaming on Tues nites.

However, the up-swing is I'm moving folks from using the XXX to understanding what a full Micro Society is, and how this Earth is really just a larger enclosed Growth Container.

I am known as Pineapple_Raye and while that my sound funny to some, many ask my help as I've said. These folks want a better world. A better garden. One to be proud of. I will do whatever it takes to get them off on the correct footing.

A  man, a long time ago when I was young that I looked up to, once told me that the importance of life is not just how you lived it, but what you leave behind.

This is my small area.

To that end I'm sorry that I have not contributed more to this site. However, I believe I've gotten to know most of you folks. You all have shown me you have a small area too.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

You'll get back as time permits!

I gotta tell ya Olds, when I get to Washington, there will be a new learning curve for me up there for sure!

At least my "dirt" is old farmland...the topsoil is a good 2-3 feet thick with sandy/gravely stuff under that..the topsoil has not been cultivated in at leat 5-7 years that I know about.  It also has great drainage.

Once I get a handle on the seasons and what types of veggies I can grow and how to handle natures landscape clearers without doing harm to them, I'll be posting on that!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Smokin Joe

Isn't the Internet great...you can move anywhere and still maintain the relationships you have forged without skipping a beat...

Smokin' Joe Johnson
Caroline's Rub - Fine Spice Creations
//www.carolinesrub.com
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Cold Smoke

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">To that end I'm sorry that I have not contributed more to this site.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Olds, IMO you've been a constant and extremely knowledgable contributor to this forum since day 1. You've spent a great deal of time letting us here get to know you and getting to know some of us. And you've spent as much time sharing your vast smoking experiences and tips in great detail. Smokin' is just a small part of who DoW-Oldman/Pinapple Raye is.

Hope you stick around...

Cold Smoke

Oldman

Phew got a break tonight...only two simple questions. The best part is they were on my best subject--Pineapples [:D]

Cold Smoke
Thanks a lot for the great words. Sure made me feel good.

Cya on the boards
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!