• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

smokem and fryem, potatos

Started by parishollow, February 26, 2007, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parishollow

I used to just cut up the spuds and fry up crunchy then smother with red chili and cheese.
The last two times I microwaved them till soft, quartered them and smoked them for 20 minutes(1 puck). They were the best fried tators I ever made!
Andrew

Wildcat

Great idea! :)  I will give that a try soon (although I prefer to fry with diced onions).  I wish I had seen this earlier.  I just got finished eating and we had charcoal and wood grilled NY strips with baked potatoes and BBQ beans.  I would love to try those smoked taters with a good steak ;D.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

parishollow

When you have your grill going you can do the same thing with the tators. Microwave them till almost done then cut in half and put them right on the grill. They get a crisp covering, smoke flavor if you use wet chips in your grill, and a wonderful grill flavor as well.  I do that with steaks or pork chops. butter, salt and pepperem.
Andrew

MallardWacker

ANYTIME you smoke something throw some potatoes in till done or near done...they keep for a while and like you said...they are great.  Also too, this is what I have done, I don't like waisting a smoke so I do put in the potatoes and onions...both make great additions to just about anything you would use onions for.  You don't have to cook till they are wilted but just cut them in half till  they get a good color on them and that little hint of smoke will add a lot to the simplest stuff.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

West Coast Kansan

Good ideas all around.  Use onions and potatos to hold the oven probe in your old chunk smokers. keeps the probe where you want it.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)