Prime Rib?

Started by mavrickone, March 02, 2007, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mavrickone

Ok a last try my mutt is a cocker spaniel and a very spoiled one ;) The BS has not helped in that area ;D I have no idea why it kept showing 0er??????????????????

Mav

mavrickone

Now I am really confused ??? ??? ??? I read it before I posted so I know what I wrote? I first chalked it up to too many Fosters,Naa can't be! So is this forum dog breed sensitive :)

Mav

PigOut

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

West Coast Kansan

It is recognizing the first 4 letters of the breed. People can figure it out ... good deal in preventing over the deep end posting IMO even if the subject recognized is harmless and out of context.  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

coyote

Wildcat

Had the same problem myself when I first joined.  Got to be crative with the spelling sometimes. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

Mav:  Did you cook your prime rib?  Curious to see/hear how it turned out.

On your last question regarding using the BS for P-Rib, I think the primary debate is over the crust result.  With the BS, you will find you have an extremely tender piece of cooked meat, but since the machine does not reach very high temps, there is a marked lack of crispiness on the finished product.  I did mine on the BS almost the entire time. I finished on the grill but it didn't take much time to get to the target internal temperature. 

When I do this next time, I'm thinking I will brown the roast, then put in BS for application of a couple hours of smoke, then finish off in a higher heat environment (oven or indirect grill). 

Good luck!
Consiglieri