Things are going well....

Started by Oldman, April 06, 2007, 10:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well we been a little over one month and things are going well with our newest account.  We have completely turned that building around. In fact the building facility manager had a first in 8 years... he wrote a thank-you note to my employees.  ;D

I hate waxing VCT so we went with the twister system. It is a system where no floor finish is used. However, when you are done the floor has a shine as if you had used a finish. It is labor intense when you first do it, but after that it is easy to maintain.

This will give you an idea of what this type of method looks like:

Anyway smoke on... and if things slow down I will get on the boards more often... until then have fun~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Mr Walleye

Looks great Olds. It's great to see people take pride in their work!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Olds, Dont forget to schedule some time for retirement fun! Take Care, :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

coyote

Those floors look.....Smokin' :) I think if you look in a dictionary for the word Retired You
will not see your picture. ;)                               
                                                            Don't work too hard ,
                                                                                    Coyote

LilSmoker

Looks great Olds, you obviously employed the right people, and without doubt know your stuff ;)

Don't overdo it though, remember the MG needs an airing every so often  ;D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

Nice to hear from you Olds......... as always taking a pride in your work too!  ;)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

PigOut

Looks great Olds !!  Its always nice to feel that pride and satisfaction isn't it ? Some people work all thier lives without seeing the fruits of thier labor!!

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

NePaSmoKer

Really shiney floors great job, where is that building.

When i was younger at home my mom owned a beauty shop, I had to strip and shine the floors every sat night by hand :-\ She didnt want no hair in the wax.....yeah right

nepas

Oldman

That is not my building.. I used that image for show... however, I do believe our VCT is shinier.

As far as hair in wax you are correct... no matter what you do you get some in... with the twister this type of problem does not exsit.

It takes 30 passes to create the finish look.  The first 20 with an auto scrubber (two different pads 10 passes each) then a final with a high speed buffer... using one pad.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

im glad you didnt use vht on the vct...

you would have some splainin to do...

VHT TRACKBITE COMPOUND is a custom formulated resin that provides controlled traction for competition racing.

VHT TRACKBITE is a liquid track and tire treatment, which improves traction on asphalt and concrete surfaces. It achieves added traction by means of adhesion and does not soften tires. It will not harm asphalt and concrete and is biodegradable when dry. VHT TRACKBITE can be applied with a roller, brush or can be sprayed directly on the tire or track. The chemical compounds used provide maximum adhesion in all types of weather, it is water-resistant and is not washed away by rain. VHT TRACKBITE was applied to the track during every race when world drag strip records were set over the past decade. NHRA & IHRA approved, sold worldwide to record setting drag strip tracks.

IDEAL FOR USE IN ALL TYPES OF RACING ON HARD SURFACES, INCREASES TRACTION REGARDLESS OF WEATHER CONDITIONS, WEIGHT OF VEHICLE OR HORSEPOWER.

Application: Apply a small amount of VHT TRACKBITE in front of drive wheels. Spin rear wheels with minimum engine power. Avoid hard burnouts whenever possible. Where liquid burnouts are prohibited, apply directly to tires with a brush, roller or sprayer.
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Dalby Spook

Hi Olds

Thought you might like this tale from the world of flooring

A few years back I was on the management team at a brand new sports centre ($20 million worth) The main sports hall was laid in maple by a firm called Juckners and it was BIG & mega expensive. I was tasked with finding a suitable battery powered floor cleaner/polisher. First demonstator guy turns up from Karcher and does his stuff. Great machine and looked cool but cost around $7000.

Next guy turns up with what looked like a gigantic stainless box on wheels and it was pretty obvious he did'nt have a clue how to operate it. After a few false starts he gets it going. Then he gets more confident and puts it it fast mode. He then attempts a high speed turn and in apparent slo mo  the whole machine overbalances and smashes on its side. All the batteries , 6 car type ones, come flying out of the top of the machine and empty themselves over an unused sports floor.

The acid went everwhere and within hours a big section of the floor lifted and buckled. Ruined.

I get a phone call later that day from MD of machine manufacturer apologising for the 'mishap' but other than that was I pleased with its performance would I buy it !!!!!
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

Oldman

QuoteHe then attempts a high speed turn...
To funny... My operation manager over at Raytheon had never used an auto scrubber until a month back. He hit the throttle wide open on a close 180 turn. Heh he he now he is right at 300 pounds and it wiped him around like a rag doll... we all busted out laughing.

As far as batteries goes the ones we use are gel - pak and not liquid acid-- phew~~!

Quotebut other than that was I pleased with its performance would I buy it !!!!!
Unreal!