• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cover

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 26, 2007, 08:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My wife asked me why dont i just cover my smoker with the BS cover. Does anyone use it and if so how water proof are they.

nepas

Mr Walleye

I use mine and my BS has never been wet ...........................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
......................................................................in my garage!

;D  ;D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Kummok

I kept mine covered with the BS cover for about a year. At the time, they were located under an overhang in the roof, but not completely "covered" by the roof. They got wind blown rain and snow and I never had any moisture inside the BS cover. I DID have a problem with the wind wanting to give my covers to the downwind neighbors though.....the wind problem was solved by tying the covers on with halibut cord. Now they're all indoors with covers on, just to keep dust away.......

NePaSmoKer

Thanks guys

My smokers are in the garage right now too. Why she asked is i have been wanting to put one on a rack outside on the deck.

nepas

headgames

cover ?  oh yea that black folded thing wrapped in plastic lying flat on the shelf where I never get anything from ...........  yea I use it .. its a great dust collector ............. lol ........ no not me .  garaged also....... only use my Bradley  FOR REMOTE SMOKES LIKE at MY BROTHERS . ..  other wise home stuff gets done in the freezer conversion
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

Gizmo

My system is outside and the cover works great.  Has a draw string at the bottom to help it from becomming the kite Kummok spoke of.  I have never had any problems with getting rain inside (unless I forgot to use it).  I will have to admit that in Souther Cali, we don't get the monsons, tornados, hurricanes, and snow storms others get, but for the few washings we did get, no problems.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

mapleleafsgurl

I lucked out.  The old furnace in our shop was replaced, but the old chimmney is there still.  The chimmney a natural draw to it, we noticed when we were out there smoking cigarettes.  We put the Bradley under it on the countertop and it sucks every bit of smoke out.  It is like it was made for a Bradley!  I love it because I don't have to be outside, and I don't have to crouch down to work inside it! No need for a cover, no matter what the weather! 

mapes

Habanero Smoker

I store my BS outdoors 24/7 with just the original cover. Never had a problem; the draw strings kept it secure from blowing away, moisture never got under it, until about 3 weeks ago. After 2.5 years of constant exposure, mainly UV damage a chunk of ice slid off my roof and tore a hole in the top of the cover.

I just got a replacement cover from Gander MT., and was somewhat disappointed. I either got a factory second, or they are making the covers smaller. The new cover barely covers the slider, and the drawstrings are not that effective in preventing wind from lifting the cover up.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)