Jerky > OBS & BPS

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 28, 2007, 06:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got alot of jerky to do this weekend, going to do a full cabinet in the obs with guru/raptor and power vent and a full 4 racks in the bps and see what it does with jerky. The bps i am sure i will have to watch the temp more and make sure the flame stays going.

I will have photos providing mother nature is going to be good.  ;D

nepas

coyote

I'm looking foward to your results Nepas. Looks like you'll have a smokey weekend...Full Flavor

jaeger

nepas,
Hopefully the weather will cooperate with you this weekend. Have you tried making chopped and formed beef sticks yet?

Arcs_n_Sparks

jaeger,

Thinking about doing that. Do you have a particular receipe you use (High Mountain, etc...)?

Arcs_n_Sparks

LilSmoker

Sounds like you're gonna have fun Nepas, 2 versions of the BS doing their thing, great stuff!  ;)

Looking forward to the pics ;)................LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: jaeger on March 28, 2007, 08:18:52 PM
nepas,
Hopefully the weather will cooperate with you this weekend. Have you tried making chopped and formed beef sticks yet?

Yeah i have done ground beef & buffalo sticks, I and my wife like it. 

nepas

jaeger

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on March 28, 2007, 08:27:18 PM
jaeger,

Thinking about doing that. Do you have a particular recipe you use (High Mountain, etc...)?

Arcs_n_Sparks

I have had good luck with Eastman Original jerky seasoning for ground jerky. I have found this product at some local retailers. I would recommend checking out a local sporting goods store and see what they carry.
As I have mentioned before, I find it a lot easier to use the stuffer with a custom tip on the medium horn. The stuffer is so much easier to fill and get all the air pockets out, it is easier to fill the screens and it is a lot easier to clean when you are done.
May I add 2 more things:
1) When you squeeze out the sticks on the rack, run the pieces the long length of the screen. This way your sticks are parallel with the heating element and will make your pieces cook more evenly with your rotations etc.
2) When you are all done and giving out samples, you may enjoy zapping a couple pieces in the microwave carefully, my daughter loves them warm. This really does seem to enhance the seasonings.

http://www.eastmanoutdoors.com/wild_game/jerky_cure_orig.shtml

Let us know when you go for it!!!

Doug