Sausage Stuffer

Started by Oldman, July 23, 2007, 05:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

You can go to any hardware store, or one of the big box stores (Lowes or Home Depot), and purchase a faucet adapter that will accept a garden hose. Here is a link to Allied Kenco to show you what it looks like, but they are much cheaper if you purchase it at a local store. Just be careful to get the correct type to attach to the faucet. Some faucets have inside thread, and others have outside threads.

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2457

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Scotty-G

My kitchen faucet doesn't allow for an adapter, will have to consider another option.
Dakota may not be a viable option for me.  :(

Habanero Smoker

That will limit your options. If you don't have a standard (inside or outside threaded) aerator I don't know of any other adapters. Does the head of the spray come off, and if so would that thread connection be standard? I would check with someone at your local hardware store, to see if there are any adapters for that type of faucet.

Other then running the intake hose from another faucet, and having it drain out of the kitchen sink, I can't thing of any other options.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Stickbowcrafter

Thanks Habs. I've got a few more to look into as well.

I like to make smaller and a variety of batches, like you, on occasion. The small batches work well as long as there are no neighbors, family members or friends sniffing around. I'm always amazed at how fast 10 pounds of sausage goes out the door  :'( It's a nice compliment but you can't eat compliments  ;D

-Brian

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Stickbowcrafter on November 28, 2007, 09:42:17 AM
Thanks Habs. I've got a few more to look into as well.

I like to make smaller and a variety of batches, like you, on occasion. The small batches work well as long as there are no neighbors, family members or friends sniffing around. I'm always amazed at how fast 10 pounds of sausage goes out the door  :'( It's a nice compliment but you can't eat compliments  ;D

-Brian

You are so right. Every time I make a small batch that is when everyone seems to find out about it; and I only end up with a couple of links for breakfast. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Stickbowcrafter

Ah yes, our lovely, aroma filled smoke that we hold so dear is a double edged sword.  :-* Maybe we can come up with a way to attach some kind of filter to keep the pleasing aroma from reaching the neighbors.  :D

-Brian